Product Owner - Data
- Linus Health is a Boston-based digital health company focused on transforming brain health for people across the world. By advancing how we detect and address cognitive and brain disorders – leveraging cutting-edge neuroscience, clinical expertise, and artificial intelligence – our goal is to enable a future where people can live longer, happier, and healthier lives with better brain health.
- We are a team of 95+(and growing!), embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
- Please note that this role can be 100% REMOTE throughout the US or Canada, however, we may ask you to travel to the HQ(Boston) 1-2 times a year for candidates not currently located in Greater Boston. At the moment, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this opening.
- The Data Product Owner will focus on technology offerings that allow our data teams to transform myriad data sources into actionable insights, both internally and externally. You will work in close collaboration with data scientists, engineering leads, architects, and data governance to improve our platform infrastructure offerings with the end goal of improving the accessibility and quality of our data assets and tools.
- The ideal candidate would have a successful track record of product management in the data platforms domain, a result-oriented mindset and familiarity with modern data processing frameworks and related cloud offerings (AWS EMR, Databricks). Additionally, experience with AWS cloud services in the infrastructure as a service area would be greatly beneficial in this role. You will also interface with data management specialists to write features and acceptance criteria for metadata, quality, and other governance needs. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with data governance and business requirements for data lakes/data warehouses. This role requires significant partnership with the technology team and being a partner in delivering a data hub that meets the needs of use cases.
- This position is embedded within the data science and analytics team and reports directly to the Director of Data Science. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of data products and eventually expand their perview data analytics, visualization, and business intelligence products.
What You'll Do:
- Own execution of the product roadmap for the maturation of internal data products and external facing analytics projects
- Facilitate and guide the development of metrics, structure of studies, benchmark initiatives, and data collection methodologies in support of business requirements
- Work with stakeholders to identify and document requirements, user stories, data flows, acceptance criteria and success metrics
- Work with stakeholders to develop workflows to curate, document, ingest, and harmonize a wide array of data types and sources
- Responsible for user story management, including accurate story descriptions and acceptance criteria
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, backlog grooming) as a Product Owner
- Partner with program management to oversee roadmap execution, identify delivery risks and resolve key blockers
- Champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates inclusion, shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning
- 4+ years experience in a product owner, or a similar type of role
- 2+ years of experience with the use of data warehousing/data lakes to support internal and external data products
- Familiarity with cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- Background in building data technology products with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of data persistence, ingestion, and access requirements
- Previously written features and acceptance criteria for metadata, quality, and other governance needs
- Previous experience in partnership with the technology team in delivering a data hub that meets the needs of use case
- Excellent ability to develop partnerships and work across teams by motivating/inspiring others
- Sound understanding of Agile Methodology and other project management methodologies
- Demonstrated core project management skills including project planning, scope management, issue and risk management, resource planning, financial management, etc.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working with healthcare data, preferably in neurology, neuroscience, and/or neuropsychology
- Experience in understanding and documenting data mapping and data flow
- Experience building or supporting dashboards and other analytics and business intelligence methodology
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognosis of people’s mental and brain health trajectory
- A mission-driven environment where all 90(and counting) employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO — We know this can work both ways, however, our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health. We have recently implemented a “monthly flex day” where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(K) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions.
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.