Remote Frontend Developer - Canada
Anywhere in the World
RoleAll Other Remote
LOGO.com is looking for a talented and passionate Canadian developer to join our team as we put logo and brand creation tools in the hands of millions of users around the world. Our goal is to make starting a dream business as easy and fun as possible for entrepreneurs.
Our team has built tons of awesome tools and features for our developers and customers, like our logo editor, logo design engine, business name generator, and our newest product "Stitch". You'll have the opportunity to build on these systems, and develop your own systems too!
For this role, you'll primarily be responsible for building products, features, and sites based on mockups our team creates or mockups and ideas of your own. However, we're a small fast paced team and we welcome our developers branching out and tackling problems they find interesting too.
A great candidate for this role will have previous experience with design and mockups, frontend development, and have great organization and communication skills.
What you'll do
- Ship features. We're constantly building new products, and you'll be responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining your features.
- Be an active team member. We do regular code reviews and walkthroughs, we learn things constantly and share our knowledge, and we help each other when we're stuck.
- Propose your own ideas. We're a small team, and every members voice counts. Your ideas have the potential to directly impact our users.
- Maintain the codebase. Whether you're working on something new, or fixing something old, you'll be expected to leave things tidier than you found them.
- Work with the customer support team. You'll fix bugs, integrate feedback, and create answers to users technical questions
- Be a Canadian or Canadian resident
- A personal portfolio showcasing your experience with frontend development and design
- At least 3 years working as a frontend developer, or a strong personal portfolio that demonstrates your abilities beyond your experience
- Demonstrated ability converting mockups into pixel perfect features, products, or applications
- Experience with at least 1 major frontend framework, like React or Vue
Nice to haves
- Experience creating your own mockups in Adobe XD or other similar programs
- Have built static sites with NextJS or Nuxt
- Have used Tailwind on one or more of your previous projects
- Have built serverless API's using platforms like Cloudflare Workers, AWS Lambda, etc
- Working knowledge of Typescript, particularly with React or Vue
- Have used FabricJS, SVGJS, or other Canvas or SVG rendering libraries
- We have a minimum vacation policy, and you can take as much vacation as you want beyond that subject to approval.
- Monthly expense allowance for coffee and snacks
- Monthly expense allowance for gym memberships or home exercise equipment
- Monthly expense allowance for books, courses, and certifications.
- At least one annual meetup, COVID permitting.
- Conferences paid for pending approval.
- Aside from meetups and occasional coworking days, completely remote work with your own schedule. We just ask that you overlap 9am to noon PST for standups and calls.