🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
WHO WE ARE
Loveseat.com is on a mission to eliminate all waste from the supply chain in the home goods space - e.g. furniture, decor, appliances, etc. We are a consumer-first marketplace giving returned & overstocked goods a second chance to find a consumer who wants to save 70% off retail on a near-perfect item.
Loveseat is growing fast and is fresh off a Series A round led by Bessemer Venture Partners. We are seeking a Merchandising Assistant to join our team and help take the company to the next level!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- In this role as Loveseat Online Auctions Merchandising Assistant, you will help oversee vintage and contemporary merchandising for 4 locations (San Diego, Austin, San Antonio and Los Angeles) on a weekly basis. Responsibilities are focused on driving productivity, maximizing company revenue, and bottom line results.
- Craft appropriate titles and assign categories to furniture and decor items
- Make design decisions regarding which photos best merchandise each product
- Ensure that the items on our site are accurately described and matched to external retail links when appropriate
- Audit and validate merchandising key items
- Order the items in each auction to create the best shopping experience
- Interface with our warehouse and remote teams to make changes to the items on the website when required
- Monitor live auctions to drive short-term actions to impact auction success
- Have a daily communication with the Merchandise Manager to discuss tasks at hand
- Tasks will vary on a daily basis and are expected to change as the company grows
WHO YOU ARE
- You are extremely responsive and have high availability
- You have a high attention to detail and take pride in your work
- You have a broad understanding of furniture categories and styles
- You are tech savvy and can skillfully navigate a search engine and modern websites
- You are flexible and can easily switch to new tasks depending on what that day requires
- You don’t mind repetitive data entry and are willing to put in the work to get the job done right
- You’re a self-starter who does not need micromanaging and is self motivated to work in a remote setting with little management
Loveseat offers full-time employees a comprehensive compensation program that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as PTO.
This position is 100% remote but must be U.S.-based.
WHAT WE DO
Loveseat Online Auctions was founded in 2018 and operates a managed marketplace for returned and other distressed inventory in the home goods (furniture, decor, etc.) space from major retailers and vendors. Everything is sold at auction with most items starting at just $10. Think: TJMaxx meets eBay. Fulfillment is done locally via Loveseat’s network of warehouses in major metro areas.
The customer proposition is simple: score amazing deals on great stuff for your home in a fun and (slightly addictive) gamified shopping experience.