Manager, Cloud Data Operations
2 to 3 years
RoleManagement and Finance
Loyal is an organization centered on experience and building a platform that allows consumers to make meaningful decisions when it comes to healthcare. We deeply understand providers, locations, services, appointments, business rules, and moreover, we understand patients -- who they are, the preferred method of communication, upcoming appointments, lapsed appointments, outstanding bills, health risks, and more. With this intelligence, our platform fuels highly relevant and personalized experiences across all mediums (website, email, voice…) allowing patients to get healthy, stay healthy, and have a better relationship with the health care provider.
**This is a remote role**
The Cloud Data Operations Manager builds, organizes, and manages the Cloud Data Operations team, which is responsible for delivering Loyal’s cloud-based data warehouse solution. Their primary responsibilities are to build a high-performing team and unlock the capabilities of its members. A successful Cloud Data Operations Manager will help the team plan and execute an objective-based roadmap, ensuring each member of the team understands the problems being solved and what a positive outcome to each objective looks like. They help team members grow professionally and build a positive team culture. Additionally, they communicate well, manage the day-to-day operations of the team, interface with other teams and leaders across the organization, and demonstrate strong teamwork and team-building skills. Additionally, they validate the data architecture, strategies for collecting and storing data, and access control methods.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Cloud Data Operations team, providing goal-setting, mentorship, coaching, leadership, guidance and performance management, and feedback.
- Create a positive and stimulating work environment for team members
- Collaborate with cross-organizational teams to ensure the data warehouse solution is delivering the necessary outcomes to all stakeholders
- Challenges and motivates employees to grow their skills through regular feedback, assessments, and additional training offerings.
- Ensure development deliverables are documented and key decisions are recorded in accordance with the design and development process.
- Hiring manager for cloud data engineers.
- Ensures solutions meet quality, architectural, security, performance, and maintainability guidelines
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology, and other factors impacting the job incorporating as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, applied math or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years in managing other engineers
- Minimum 2 years in building roadmaps, planning deliverables, and managing day-to-day work
- Experience interfacing with leaders to review progress and present objectives
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with cloud data processing services (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- Minimum 1 year experience with Big Data technologies, such as Databricks, Snowflake, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Significant experience creating data architecture strongly preferred
- Experience with relational database systems strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL and other query languages and tools
- Experience with ETL tools a plus
- Knowledge of Python preferred
- Software development, data analytics, or data science experience is a plus.
- Experience working within a software as a service (SaaS) company preferred.
- Experience working within a high growth and/or ambiguous environment, with proven experience to be dynamic preferred.
We know that potential candidates are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be why you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies.
Loyal to our employees
We are a remote-friendly company! We encourage you to apply from anywhere in the United States. We also believe in a work/life balance that fulfills you while you’re here and supports you when you’re not. We built our benefits package to prove that we’re committed to you having everything you need (including a little fun). Here is what we offer full-time employees:
- Flexible paid time off, sick and personal days
- At least one holiday per month (sometimes, more!)
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance - Loyal pays the premium for all employees!
- One Time Home Office Setup Stipend For Remote & Hybrid Roles
- Monthly Internet Stipend for Remote & Hybrid Roles
- Long term & short term disability
- 401[k] plan
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 2 Volunteer days per year
- Matching Gift Program
- Participation Grant Program
- Annual Travel/Team Events up to twice per year (post-COVID)
We believe that the key to Loyal's success is you. Your unique background, life experience, knowledge, self-expression, and talent make you uniquely you. Who you are, what you have experienced, and how you think inspires us to be innovative and bold.
Loyal is an equal opportunity employer. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Further, consistent with applicable federal and state law, Loyal provides reasonable accommodations when requested by qualified applicants or employees with disabilities, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship. Loyal’s policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If you require a reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
Consistent with Loyal policy, candidates performing in-person work will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to Loyal’s vaccination requirement, please contact the People Department at email@example.com.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved