Data Associate Intern - Zapyrus
RoleAll Other Remote
DATA ASSOCIATE - MedTech (SUMMER INTERNSHIP)
Data lovers, unite! Lumerate is searching for an awesome post-secondary student to join us for the summer as an intern on our Zapyrus Data Team focused on MedTech!
All about Lumerate:
Lumerate is a Canadian SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales and marketing teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we're leaders in the life sciences space. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry.
We carry out our mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and work flows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other and having fun while doing it. We're currently a distributed team of 52 (you'd be lucky Lumerite #53!), scattered across Canada, the UK, and South America.
All about Zapyrus:
Zapyrus, Lumerate's second product, is an intelligence tool designed for sales professionals in the medical devices space to understand what is happening in their niches. Today MedTech service providers such as CROs, quality, regulatory, design & engineering, and manufacturing houses all over the world trust Zapyrus for their sales research.
What the role looks like:
Reporting into the Commercial Director of Zapyrus, your main responsibility will be to grow the depth of our database by retrieving historical news content for MedTech companies and bringing them into Zapyrus to be made actionable for our users through data and machine learning processes.
You will also work closely with the rest of the Zapyrus data team each day on looking for new companies, processing daily updates, and other tasks to ensure that Zapyrus users are receiving the most up-to-date industry activity for their sales and marketing efforts.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Gain deeper insight into the MedTech world on a global scale
- Optimizing Distill, our preferred data tracking software. E.g. clearing/optimizing errors and adding new sources to distill
- Scrape Distill documents into admin
- Annotating source documents and publishing their events
- Develop a deeper database of MedTech company event history through back publication
- Publishing events on eventless MedTech OEMs and increasing our database size visible to Zapyrus users
- Increasing coverage and treasure hunting for new MedTech OEMs in the EU
- Identifying new sources of data e.g. accelerators/incubators, registries, conferences, and more
- Optimizing our NIH ML grant training model
- Tracking current outputs versus month-to-month optimization
As we're funding this position with the assistance of the WIL Digital candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Must be enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution, during the work placement period.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
More about YOU:
- You are currently enrolled in a science based university program
- You enjoy hunting for information on the web
- You have an interest in medical technology
- You're highly organized - you enjoy having a structured approach to your work
- You're very comfortable using Excel/Google Sheets
- You're super curious (like George), about everything
- You're comfortable working in a small group
- You consider yourself to be tech-savvy, and you're excited by the idea of working for a software company
- You're detail-oriented, so you'll notice that we'd like you to mention C-3PO in your cover letter
- Your enthusiasm is contagious!
Lumerate is the right place for you if you're interested in:
- Gaining deeper insight into the global healthcare industry (biopharma + MedTech)
- Learning about some of the practical applications of data science
- Understanding the career options beyond those you may be currently thinking about
- Being a part of an experienced team with skills in machine learning, development, business and organizational culture
- Helping to shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
8am - 4pm EST, Mon-Thu
8am - 12pm EST Fri
+ 3.5 hours on Sunday
Flexibility can be discussed.
Fully remote anywhere in Canada or hybrid option available for Greater Toronto Area residents.
Start Date: April 24, 2023
End Date: December 22, 2023
Already picturing your first day as our next Data Associate? Apply now with your cover letter, resume, and preferred working hours. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lumerate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Note: any applications without a cover letter will not be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved