HomeMade | Customer Finance Specialist
HomeMade is a related entity to Mable: we operate as a completely separate business but have a shared vision for self-management
HomeMade is transforming home care in Australia through our creative approach, designed to support people in achieving their goals while living at home. We are an approved provider that specialise in self-management and partner with our customers to create a support plan to meet their needs and optimise their funds. Our approach keeps people in control of their package, funding, and support.
As HomeMade grows and scales at a rapid rate, An exciting opportunity exists for a full-time permanent Customer Finance Specialist to join our Customer Finance team. You will be responsible for leading the delivery of high-quality support and experience to HomeMade customers by fostering good relationships with customers, and their support network while providing consultation, advice, and case management support, specifically focused on their finances. This role would suit someone with a customer service focus in an Accounts Receivable/ Accounts Payable role. Using your strong, written and spoken communication skills demonstrate your ability to, listen, empathize, acknowledge, explain complex theories and in a simple way that creates mutual understanding.
How will you make an impact
- Take ownership of the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Preparation and reconciliation of HomeMade invoices for package management fees
- Responsible for the reconciliation and claiming of customer funds through PRODA
- Setting up and closing customer accounts, including preparing exit statements and reporting final figures according to government regulations.
- Set up and manage customers' personal and government contribution accounts
- Manage the funding transfer requirements in and outboard, switching customers
- Perform regular audits on customer files to review finance and package management, funding, and financial requirements.
- Support HomeMade customers through proactive and reactive communications via multiple channels.
- Work closely with the Support Partners and Service & Support team to respond to account enquiries, feedback, and complaints in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Recognise unhappy customers and work towards a resolution or escalate where required
- Processing customer reimbursements with precision and efficiency
- Participate in regular workshops and team meetings to evaluate processes and procedures, looking for efficiencies and improvements to the status quo
- Adhere to team processes and procedures and meet individual and team KPI
- Advocate for customers to ensure their needs are met and inquiries resolved.
What skills or qualifications are we looking for
Experience in a customer-facing finance role
Understanding of Xero, SAP, and Salesforce
Intermediate data manipulation and analytical skills using excel and raw data
Be highly detail-oriented.
Excellent time-management and organisational skills
Have an ability to multitask and prioritise competing demands
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement that you are an Australian Citizen/Resident with a Bachelor Degree as a minimum. You will be passionate about helping to create a bright future for older Australians, and our values resonate with you. The key to your success will be your ability to;It’s important to note that while home/ aged care experience is appreciated, it's not essential to succeed in the role.
What attributes will make me successful?
Those that know you, would describe you as Customer-centric, with strong written and spoken communication skills.
You are a good listener, and you often empathise, acknowledge, and explain complex details in a simple way for customers to understand.
You are able to demonstrate success working in a complex Accounts Payable environment, and you pride yourself on your time management skills, and excellent attention to detail
Who you will be working with
You would be joining our team, a group of people who know they can make a difference to their customers. We are an efficient, contemporary, and customer-focused business that works in a Supportive family-friendly working environment. Our teams live the HomeMade values in all they do towards this:
PUT PEOPLE FIRST: People and relationships matter most
FOSTER FREEDOM: Life should be lived in a way that makes sense for you, without unnecessary controls or external restrictions
DO THE RIGHT THING: What is fair, honest, open, ethical, and transparent
BE BOLD: With a vision to imagine and create a brighter future
Benefits of Working at HomeMade
- Work remotely for a disruptor in the Aged care industry!
- Supportive family-friendly working environment
- Remote working or Hybrid work- depending on what suits your circumstances
- Career development opportunities
- Floating Public Holidays Our Floating Public Holidays policy is just one way the company demonstrates its commitment to the wellbeing of our people and to creating a culture of greater inclusion.
- Volunteer day One paid day per calendar year to volunteer for your community. We encourage you to volunteer in the disability or aged care sector, but it’s your choice!
- Wellbeing day Enjoy a paid day each calendar year to focus on your health and wellbeing.
- Employee Assistance Program A 24/7 service that includes counseling for you and your immediate family.
- Parental leave We support our employees through their parental leave journey to enable them to balance work and family matters and successfully transition to their new life stage as working parents.
At HomeMade we believe that collaboration and team connection is key to success. This role can either be based in Sydney (a mix of office/home) or fully remote within Australia. We're all about creating opportunities for people, regardless of where they live.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.