Remote Product Owner
Anywhere in the World
Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental MeditationÂ® (TMÂ®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of nearly 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favour a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Product Owner to join our team to be responsible for making our mobile app, TM Community, a great digital home for all people practicing the Transcendental Meditation technique worldwide. The app now offers a custom timer and log to support regular meditation practice, videos and articles to enrich students' understanding of TM, and an events calendar with a global TM events listing.
You will be working within our Product team, also collaborating with the Design, Engineering and Communications teams on a daily basis. You will typically work within a small agile team - with a Product Designer, Front-End Engineer and Back-End Engineer.
As the Product Owner you will take part in and oversee a variety of projects and collaborate with members of cross-functional teams to define and communicate the product goal, roadmap and backlog. You will be making sure that we always develop what matters most for our customers and stakeholders, and that business requirements are turned into a useable, useful and delightful product. This role is remotely based and reports to the team lead in the Czech Republic.
You are a customer focused, detail oriented, thoughtful specialist who tackles complex problems with systems thinking, a user-centred approach, and technological savvy. You have broad experience with product ownership of successful digital products and services. You can prepare a clear, achievable plan, prioritise and refine items in the product backlog, and communicate effectively with all teams. You can demonstrate a good command of interface design principles with focus on usability and accessibility. You are also keen on the latest tech advancements.
- Be responsible for improving our mobile app, TM Community.
- Take the lead in defining and implementing new features and improvements.
- Collaborate with the Head of Product and other Product Owners to create annual and quarterly delivery roadmaps, and plan individual bi-weekly sprints.
- Use business requirements, customer feedback and other research findings to create clear briefs for our designers, writers and engineers.
- Refine the product backlog on a regular basis to reflect business requirements and customer needs in a balanced way, while using convincing qualitative and quantitative data to support your decisions.
- Regularly present the product roadmap and updates to the company's management team or at all team meetings.
- Meticulously document your product and communicate all updates to colleagues; we're a fully remote team so both great documentation and proactive communication are crucial.
- Advocate using industry best practices and procedures across the teams.
- Keep learning and sharing your know-how and insights with the whole company; you will always be encouraged to show us better ways to do things.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager or Project Manager within a large-scale consumer facing organization, digital agency or media company.
- A strong track record backed by a portfolio showcasing digital products you have owned.
- Experience working with customers, designers and developers in an agile work environment.
- Broad experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and ceremonies.
- Deep experience and fluency in best practices for web, tablet and mobile design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Motivated for self-improvement and a healthy lifestyle, and open to / interested in meditation.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a global non-profit, working with a remote team or in a multinational organization preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
Pay and Benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 55th percentile of New York market rate for this role, based on Payscale data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo data.
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and Inclusion
We care about diversity - we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never 'done' or complete, and that we can always improve.
Our team is fully remote, living and working across 20 countries across the world, and we'd love to hear how you can add to our special culture at MFI.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved