Social Media Manager
RoleSales and Marketing
Makeship exists to empower influencers, creators, and brands of all sizes to develop and launch limited edition products that matter to their fans. Leveraging our design, manufacturing, and marketing expertise, we work with our partners to bring their product to life through our community-powered crowd-funding platform. Each product is given a window of 21 days to be funded by the community before we produce and ship to fans worldwide. We put our brand behind every product and guarantee quality and ethical sourcing. We're profitable, have grown the team from 3 to 60+ people in under 3 years, and we’re growing at an average annual growth rate of 400%+.
As an early member of the team, you’ll play a huge role in shaping our culture, our process, and the future of Makeship. Every day, you’ll collaborate learn more about the content creation space, and watch your work make an impact (on the company and their community!).
We want this to be the best work experience of your life, so we’ll pay you well, offer great benefits, invest deeply in your growth, and welcome you with our branded swag.
The Social Media Manager is a vital role in supporting Makeship’s relationships with our fans, creators, and brands. We’re looking for a social, creative, and motivated individual who understands the digital and influencer space and has a desire to connect and build communities. As Social Media Manager, you'll develop and execute on strategies that will positively influence the presence of Makeship online. This role reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Develop, lead, and implement our social media strategy and calendar across all social media platforms.
- Define the most important social media KPIs and analyze data and trends to monitor performance and uncover areas of improvement.
- Test, create and refine content that will engage our fans, feature our creators, and showcase our product.
- Seek out meaningful connections online with our creators and fans.
- Collaborate with internal teams at Makeship to brainstorm and develop a social media strategy, plans, and content for key launches, events, and promotions.
- Consistent curiosity as you look to identify opportunities, track trends, and engage in discussions that could benefit our fans, partners, and company.
- Monitor our social content and engage with followers in a timely manner that reflects our values and the Makeship brand voice.
- You have 3-5+ years of experience with social media strategy, marketing, and digital content creation.
- A proven track record at handling and scaling corporate social media accounts and demonstrate a solid understanding of what makes social content engaging and important.
- Experience developing creative, fun, and engaging content for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
- Experience with social media management tools such as Sprout Social for content management and analysis.
- An interest and appreciation for the latest trends, memes, and relevant content creators.
- A strong operator who can work in cross-functional teams and manage projects with ease.
- An eye for design and the ability to write with precision, clarity, and authenticity.
- An appetite for a challenge in a fast growing, creative industry!
- Experience with content creation applications including Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva
- Experience managing an online community within platforms such as Discord, Reddit, Twitch, etc.
- Work remotely anywhere in Canada and/or access any of our hubs
- Health and dental benefits 100% employer-paid
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 1 week of paid time off during the holidays
- 2 mental health and wellness days
- Paid time off on your birthday
- Monthly phone allowance
- $400 home office setup allowance
- Pregnancy and parental leave top-up program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee referral program
Makeship is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.