Senior Staff Software Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Mandiant’s approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
The Mandiant Attack Surface Management division is reshaping how organizations discover and monitor their internet-facing infrastructure. Evangelizing a technology movement like this one takes more than just a good sales pitch. As a team, we obsess over helping our customers:
- Discover known and unknown assets and exposures
- Monitor ongoing change in their environment
- Stay aware of current threats and attacker techniques
- Raise the bar for the entire security organization
As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll develop a platform from which we can impose higher costs on our customers adversaries. You’ll make sense of piles of data, turn it into information, and make it actionable. You’ll develop web applications that align with business objectives. You’ll grow your skills, work with cutting edge technologies and introduce new tools and techniques to the team.
You’ll work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and novel solutions to interesting problems. You’ll collaborate with fellow engineers, product management and end users. You’ll come up with ways to do things more quickly and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality.
Bottom line: you’ll create software that makes our customers smarter, faster, and better at securing their organizations.
What you will do:
- Work closely with a tight-knit team to develop world leading products
- Design and implement elegant and scalable services and APIs
- Develop integrations with 3rd party products and solutions
- Engineer services that are leveraged across the entire Mandiant platform
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user feedback
- Engage in architecture sessions, challenge existing solutions, and inspire ideas for future enhancements
- Collaborate with product management, DevOps, and fellow engineers in delivering solutions
- Promote strict continuous code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries, and frameworks to constantly grow your skillset
- Minimum of 12+ years of overall software development experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with Ruby and modern web applications
- Knowledge of queuing architectures such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
- Proficiency with container solutions such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience implementing software in cloud native platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Track record of building and delivering highly scalable software systems
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Deep Experience with cloud technologies like S3, Dynamo, and Lambda
- Knowledge of queuing and messaging platforms like Apache Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience with GraphQL, Node.js and Ruby
- Experience with security testing best practices and tools
- Experience with test automation
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $170,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from Mandiant’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, Mandiant also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. Mandiant also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)