Senior DevOps Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
Mechanicode is a Cloud Digital services firm providing comprehensive DevSecOps, Cloud Native Engineering, IT Modernization & Automation services. Founded by a former USDS engineer, Mechanicode has 12 years of experience developing innovative automation solutions improving the feedback loop in the developer experience, and using AWS/Azure Certified best practices for clients.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to enable efficient delivery of value to our customers at the CDC through effective infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines, empowering application developers to deliver at the speed of business.The DevOps Engineer will support operations of the cloud environment with observability, IAC, and cloud-native best practices.
The engineer will be part of a larger effort to modernize the CDC DevOps enterprise framework by joining the re-engineering team of 12 which is comprised of data scientists, software engineers, product owners, and DevOps engineers.
Must be a U.S Citizen
Mechanicode is a remote-first company, and this role will be 100% remote.
- Must be a U.S citizen or green-card holder
- 10 years of professional experience
- Ability to pass a background check and obtain a public trust security clearance
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Experience with implementing cloud infrastructure on AWS/Azure.
- Proficient with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Pulumi, AWS CDK, etc)
- Experience with Linux, and Bash scripting.
- Substantial experience with programming languages like Python, or Golang,
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g.Docker, containerD)
- Ability to develop the architecture for continuous integration and deployment as well as continuous monitoring
- Experience supporting scalable and elastic applications on distributed architectures.
- Strong ability and understanding of securing systems on the application, network, and infrastructure layers.
- Experience managing network/compute/database infrastructure with infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience with Observability in the cloud, building monitoring & alerting frameworks
- Expert in basic git actions like cloning, creating branches, navigating between branches, staging code for commit, committing code, resetting, and merging.
- Ability to mentor & support junior members
- Proven ability to work under pressure and in fast-paced environments.
- Understanding of interfacing with external APIs (REST, JSON, Auth Tokens).
- Ability to operate and manage work, strategically reason, build relationships and influence others.
Nice to Have
- AWS/Azure Certification.