Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
RoleFull Stack Programming
Who we are:
We're a global marketing service provider and we specialize in affiliate marketing & publishing. We are digital natives, data obsessed and focused on measurable outcomes. Some of the most talented individuals you'll ever meet, all with one thing in common: doing great work, and growing as a team.
Our value lies in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We strongly believe in equality and stand against all kinds of discrimination. We dare to be unapologetically ourselves. Come join a team of explorers who are motivated by growth, and driven by results.
What you'll do
The Senior Quality Assurance Specialist will closely work with Dev, DevOps and commercial departments in an Agile environment and participate in software testing activities to deliver high-quality software on time.
The Senior Quality Assurance Specialist will lead initiatives to achieve high product consistency and reliability outcomes. Building and rebuilding systems, processes and automations to ensure highest quality code is shipped with every deploy.
- Responsible for leading multiple projects with multiple development teams;
- Help define and adhere to Medida's QA processes;
- Spec out test requirements using product requirements and technical specifications;
- Identify gaps in test requirements if any and ensure that QA team has a plan in place for the timely delivery of the features/projects;
- Become a go-to expert in a business domain and provide an actionable strategy in achieving excellence;
- Work on large and complex problem and take on any R & D initiatives when needed;
- Identify areas to improve task efficiency, develop and implement plans to achieve it;
- Actively participate in sprint meetings, estimations, prioritize and perform testing activities in alignment with business needs;
- Identify the scope of regression using accrued understanding of business and code components;
- Use business analytics and product knowledge to understand impact for making informed decisions;
- Create performance testing plans;
- Learn and actively perform SEO practices.
- Commit & complete tasks before deadlines;
- Unblocking themselves by seeking input from cross-functional subject matter experts;
- Consistently deliver high-quality releases with low production issues;
- Develop strategy and plans for deployment, maintenance and navigate projects to completion with successful business outcome;
- Set and achieve professional goals.
- Comfortable working with Developers, Product and Operations teams;
- Effectively communicate work status with teammates and leads;
- Use team meetings and 1:1s to raise and resolve issues;
- Give timely and helpful feedback to peers;
- Ensure completeness of documentation of critical systems and document proactively;
- Play a role of coach / mentor for teammates;
- Communicate technical issues clearly with relevant people.
- Participate in onboarding peers/team members;
- Share knowledge and expertise to help team grow;
- Evangelize testing practices;
- Represent QA team within the company;
- Educate other departments about QA team's work during tech townhall meetings.
- Accept feedback positively and learn from experience;
- Continuous improvement of craft by attending conferences, trainings and conducting workshops;
- Reflect from retrospectives;
- Positively embrace change in direction based on the company needs;
- Actively seek actionable feedback with an intention to grow.
What you'll bring
- University degree;
- 5-8 years of QA experience;
- A personality that meshes well with our team: calm, strong, and optimistic;
- Good understanding of the QA methodologies;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Knowledge in workflow management tools like JIRA;
- The ability to communicate clearly;
- A keen eye for UI design and consistency.
- Good understanding of front-end web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS;
- Some familiarity with Unix-based systems;
- Some familiarity with code versioning tools, such as git.
- Familiarity testing websites built in the WordPress or Drupal CMS;
- Familiarity with database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Experience with Applitools;
- Experience with performance testing tools;
- Experience with any functional test automation tools;
- Familiarity with Screaming Frog or similar website crawlers;
- Experience with localization testing;
- Familiarity of search engine optimization concepts and best practices;
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager;
What's in it for you
- Relocation & soft landing for you and your family (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Attractive salary
- Competitive private health & life insurance package
- Flexible working hours and remote-friendly tools and methodologies to stay connected
- Workplace perks such as coffee, fresh fruit, bread, sweets and drinks provided daily
- In addition to regular leave yearly, six weeks' paid leave for every four years of service
- Be part of a multicultural environment
- Wellbeing programme
- Different employee events throughout the year and team building activities
- Career Development training and programs to help you grow!