🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Medium’s mission is to deepen understanding of the world and spread ideas that matter. Medium is building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We believe that people are the key to success for any business and exploring possibilities with a new company should be an experience, not simply a process. We’re hiring a Recruiting Lead to own our Recruiting function and further grow the team at Medium. You’ll support hiring across the company, with a big focus on technical roles (our Engineering and Product teams are growing the most these days!). You’ll manage and execute on a priority list of open opportunities, and lead and mentor 1-2 full-lifecycle Recruiters. You’ll use your expertise and excellent judgment to evaluate and iterate on our interview guidelines in the name of continuous improvement. You’ll embody our values, infuse them into the recruiting process and inspire others to join us on this journey.
What You'll Do:
- Own the Recruiting function at Medium by partnering with Department Heads and Hiring Managers to hire excellent talent for their teams. (This includes leading intake meetings, developing hiring plans, and providing updates through the interview process)
- Writing, updating and maintaining job descriptions, interview playbooks and other materials
- Manage and execute on a list of high priority open positions; You’ll be a full lifecycle recruiter, and responsible for sourcing, screening, and supporting candidates throughout the entire hiring process
- Lead and Mentor a small team (1-2) of external recruiting partners (RPO service); Delegate appropriate work (requisitions to execute), manage and report on pipeline metrics
- Partner with People Analytics to create and maintain Recruiting Dashboards; provide monthly reporting on key metrics to both internal People team and Business Partners (Department Heads, Hiring Managers)
- Partner with the People, Marketing & Communications teams to support employer branding initiatives
What skills you possess:
- 6+ years of Recruiting experience with demonstrated success as a full lifecycle Technical Recruiter within a small or mid-sized organization
- Experience fostering meaningful and successful partnerships with Department Heads, Hiring Managers and other partners within a People Team
- A deep understanding of Recruiting Metrics; experience managing recruiting reports and applying the insights you come to find
- Hands on experience with tools such as Lever, Linkedin Recruiter, Gem, or equivalent
- Excellent written/verbal communication and time management skills
- You’re a curious, life-long learner and a supportive teammate, with a deep level of integrity
What else we'd love you to have (not required!):
- Have experience managing 1-3 direct reports, or experience partnering with an RPO service
- Have experience working within a fast-paced, startup environment within the consumer space
- You’re agile & can iterate quickly; You’ve developed the skills necessary to prioritize and reprioritize open roles and projects
- Have experience with headcount and resource planning and forecasting, as well as setting the overall Recruiting Strategy for the team
If you don’t have these skills, don't worry: you’ll learn them here!
In addition to the new skills you'll pick up, here's what else you'll enjoy by working at Medium:
- Working with a fully distributed team: we’re totally remote and have teammates across the U.S.
- Generous benefits that support your wellness and professional development
- 100% covered Medical benefits for employees
- Parental Leave & additional Family Support (Cleo)
- Covered sessions for Therapy (Spring Health) and Professional Coaches (Bravely)
- Stipends for Wellness, Learning and your home office/wifi
- Unlimited PTO, Summer & Winter Company Breaks, and standard company holidays
This is a fully remote position and you can be based anywhere within the U.S. The compensation range for this position is between $150k-$175k per year base salary + equity and benefits, and is dependent on years and depth of experience.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.