MEMX is searching for a DevOps Engineer to work with our Infrastructure, Systems, Operations, and Development teams. The team member in the position will focus and work on building, maintaining, and enhancing the tooling and infrastructure to automate release, deployment, and upgrade processes including monitoring. Successful candidates require experience in systems engineering, strong understanding of networking, automation, strong scripting skills which will provide the basis to automate tasks. The candidate must be a critical thinker with problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box and will work alongside skilled developers and other team members to build out the products and services that are at the core of the way we do business. Your responsibilities will focus on architecture and future expansion in a rapidly growing company to help maximize development and release cycles at scale while keeping an eye on stability. Candidate must have excellent communication skills and must be able to understand complex tasks and explain them in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Design, architect and implement solutions to deploy distributed applications that support MEMX’s business objectives along with tooling to provide insights and capabilities to ensure alignment with SLA and SLO’s.
- Solutions must include ability to deploy on bare-metal servers and cloud platforms using Infrastructure-as-Code capabilities leveraging containerization and container orchestration methodologies
- Review and design a secure environment for implementation and execution of the application, applying best practices in security and tools while continuously improving the monitoring and alerting mechanisms to minimize manual intervention.
- Engage with development and business teams to establish SLAs for service uptime and build the necessary telemetry and alerting platforms to enforce them.
- Identify systems that can benefit from automation, monitoring and infrastructure-as-code and develop at scale products and services accordingly.
- Engage with other engineering teams to help improve system performance and determinism with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across server, storage, security and networking conforming to standards expected of MEMX platforms
- Brainstorm new products, concepts, updates and solutions to continuously challenge and improve products, performance, system/data backup, security and customer experience all the while ensuring that the solution will add value and minimize complexity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. Computer Engineering or closely related field
- 5 years of post-bachelor’s progressive experience in the offered position or in a software engineering role
- 2 years of experience in the offered position or closely related if candidate has master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related fields
- Experience maintaining and deploying low-latency, highly-available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Strong motivation and drive towards automating repetitive tasks using scripting languages
- Practical experience with containerization and container orchestration methods
- Expertise with Cloud platforms and solution stack which supports cloud deployments
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines and implementing deployment solutions with minimal downtime
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Ability to explain complex systems and operational concepts to allow for easy adoption of the solution stack being developed
Members Exchange (MEMX) is a growing FinTech firm founded by a group of leaders in the world’s financial markets and is currently the fastest growing U.S. equities exchange. Our people are the foundation of our business, and we are committed to maintaining the culture we have set in motion. We take great pride in our selection process — and that starts with finding the right people. At MEMX you will have the ability to work with a talented team of professionals who bring diversity of thought and background. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of our company and the impact MEMX will have on our clients and the broader markets. We offer competitive employee benefits and perks and will continue to make this a priority to attract the best.
- Fully Remote Workforce*
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Family Leave
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
*Current MEMX Approved Remote Work Locations: New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maine, Nevada, & Oregon.