Chief of Staff - Blue Crab Strategies
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
Blue Crab Strategies is hiring for a Chief of Staff!
About Blue Crab Strategies
Blue Crab Strategies (BCS) lives at the intersection of climate, politics, communications, and movement building. We are strategists who develop approaches for some of the most impactful players in the global transition to a clean energy economy and the fight against climate change. From brands to NGOs to foundations to activists, we work behind-the-scenes at the cutting edge of climate innovation around the world. Check out our website for more on our approach.
About The Role
BCS is searching for a Chief of Staff to work directly with the CEO to manage a mix of administrative, operational, and team-focused projects as we continue to expand our ever-growing climate work around the globe! The Chief of Staff will be a creative & critical thinker who is flexible with a willingness to get into the details. Information will often ebb and flow across the Chief of Staff's virtual desk and strong project management & communication are critical. We’re looking for someone who is a strong collaborator and communicator to sustain and further cultivate important relationships in the climate-organizing space. The ideal candidate is curious, eager, ambitious, humble, has a great sense of humor, and loves working with people across a wide spectrum of backgrounds and expertise. This is a new position on the team.
Location: This position is remote; preferably based in the DC metro area, as some travel to DC will be required.
In an average week, the Chief of Staff can expect to…
Keep the BCS teams on track with our priorities
- Directly support a leadership team of four, including the CEO
- Staff, schedule, and prepare the CEO for meetings with stakeholders
- Organize and staff Senior Team meetings
- Ensure multiple projects are well managed and up to date in Asana, on behalf of the Chief of Staff and the CEO
- Manage travel, meeting, and event logistics
- Manage Gusto, our HR and Payroll platform
Ensure seamless communication between our team and stakeholders
- Draft correspondence and materials for the CEO
- Serve as main point of contact and first response for internal and external requests
- Serve as main point of contact for accounting firm, keeping in near-real time track of finances
- Serve as main point of contact for legal counsel
- Assist with business development meetings and follow up
Who We Are
We are meeting our planet’s messiest problems with the collective power of people in order to build, with our clients, a worldwide, collaborative ecosystem to accelerate climate action. We are reliable, integrated and passionate partners to our clients and network, building a trusted ecosystem for visionary ideas to thrive. We use our unique viewpoints, emotional intelligence and persistent curiosity to understand complex problems and create solutions. We acknowledge, in our work and partnerships, that we are all humans deserving of respect and empowerment.
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Operations Manager, or similar role
- Strong organization and relationship management skills
- A commitment to racial and social justice with the understanding of how they connect to issues surrounding the climate and environment
- Ability to multi-task and work on various projects (both small and large) at once
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities among team members across all levels
Salary, Benefits, Wellness and More
- Salary is $80,000 - $110,000, based on experience.
- Health/dental/vision benefits, with BCS covering 80% of the monthly premium for the employee
- 401k with 100% match of up to 4% of salary
- Generous time off:
- Two weeks of paid vacation
- Blue Crab closes for two weeks, in August and December
- All federal holidays
- 10 days of sick/ personal days per calendar year (sometimes things come up)
- Community Service days (1 day per quarter, annually)
- Due to our virtual work structure, we come together at cool locations quarterly for team building and strategy sessions.
- We also love learning, so we have an educational fund that each employee receives for professional development.
How To Apply
In lieu of a cover letter, we are asking applicants to provide their resume and answers to the following questions. You can submit your application to https://mesosolutions.recruitee.com/o/chief-of-staff
- Why are you interested in this role at Blue Crab Strategies? (150 words or less)
- Tell us about how you center equity and inclusion in your work? (150 words or less)
- How do you approach managing different members of a team, including those more senior and more junior than yourself, in a fast-paced and information-dense environment? (150 words or less)
If you have questions, please contact Jobs@BlueCrabStrategies.com. This role is being supported by Meso Solutions, a hiring firm.