Senior Delivery Manager
RoleManagement and Finance
Salary range: 58,000 - 70,000
Location: Remote and client site
Our mission is to improve and safeguard public services. We apply digital tools and ways of working to ensure our public services are centred around citizens and communities. We partner with central and local government clients to support the successful delivery of digital and technology services, working collaboratively to solve problems and support long term digital transformation.
At Methods we are not afraid of making mistakes; we aim to learn from them. We strive to create a supportive environment for colleagues, and we also aim to have fun.
We have established communities of practice that you will be able to join that create a supportive internal environment alongside your client work.
We are growing our teams across the company and would love to talk to you about becoming a part of Methods.
We are recruiting for a Senior Delivery Manager on a permanent basis. You will have a passion for both delivering user-centred digital services in the public sector; and supporting junior and mid-level Delivery Managers in their career progression . You will have experience of working in a public sector environment, with a working knowledge of public sector standards and principles, such as the Service Standard. You will divide your time between:
- working as a ‘hands on’ Senior Delivery Manager for client projects, or across a client portfolio;
- supporting recruitment of both permanent and contract Delivery Managers for Methods; and
- Providing some line management for Delivery Managers and junior / graduate Delivery Managers.
Key to this role is delivering excellent client service, often overseeing a number of projects, at a portfolio level. You will also support the Lead Delivery Managers with creating a safe, welcoming and encouraging environment for our team of Permanent Delivery Managers,.
Your responsibilities for delivering excellent client work will include:
- Often being the first point of contact for the client with the wider team. You will need to be credible and influential in liaising with clients, often working alongside a Product Owner / Manager from the client, and supporting them in their role.
- Facilitating agile delivery and transformation on client projects - Acting as a servant-leader for multidisciplinary teams, helping them to plan their work, remove blockers, and report progress. Managing and communicating project risks, issues and dependencies.
- Supporting on managing project budgets and budget burn down.
- Ensuring we are delivering for our clients against the statement of work, and raising risks and issues internally to the Methods Digital management team when needed.
- Helping create a welcoming, safe and inclusive team environment .
- Coaching more junior team members in Agile and Lean practices, and contributing to the wider cross-Methods delivery management community of practice.
- Providing line management for some more junior members of the team, including helping them manage issues that arise on client work, responding proportionately and supportively.
Your responsibilities as a line manager within the Methods Digital Delivery Management Team:
In all your work, you will:
- Champion user needs and accessibility
- Understand the GDS Service Manual and Service Standard and coach others to understand how it affects both their work, and the product
- Advocate for the use of agile methodologies, to design and develop services iteratively.
Skills we are looking for
- Communication skills. You can mediate between people, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. You can manage stakeholder expectations and facilitate discussions about risk and complexity. You are a fantastic and approachable listener, who the team can trust, who promotes a safe and respectful team ethos.
- Life-cycle perspective. You know how to successfully lead teams through the full product life cycle. You can identify which tools and techniques should be used at each stage. You can develop sustainable support models. You can identify and deal with potential risks across or between all stages of the product life cycle. You know how to coach others. You can contribute to the assessment of other teams, providing guidance and support as they move through stages of the product life cycle.
- Maintaining delivery momentum. You know how to optimise the delivery flow of teams. You actively address the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists. You can identify innovative ways to unblock issues.
- Planning. You know how to lead a continual planning process in a very complex environment. You can plan beyond product delivery. You can identify dependencies in plans across services and coordinate delivery. You know how to coach other teams as the central point of expertise.
- Team Dynamics. You understand the psychology of a team and have strong mediation skills. You can coach an organisation on team dynamics and conflict resolution.
- Agile Delivery. You have considerable experience in using agile methodologies
We know not everyone will have all of the skills we are looking for. We are happy to support you to grow your skill set. This can be achieved by: working with our experienced teams; individual mentoring; and via formal training.
- Holiday: 25 days a year, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy 5 extra days each year
- Pension: 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
- Discretionary bonus: based on company and individual performance
- Life assurance: 4 times base salary
- Private medical insurance: non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)
- Worldwide travel insurance: non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave after 18 months service
- Wellness: 24/7 confidential employee assistance programme, including counselling
- Social: Parties and social events, and commitment to charitable causes
- Professional development: access to LinkedIn Learning, and discretionary training budget
- Travel: season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme