🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
WE EXPECT YOU TO WIN:
Everyone at Metova is given the tools and resources they need to succeed at their job. We offer a flexible and positive work environment so you have the autonomy to build amazing software for our customers and add to our team of industry leading visionaries. You will build a compelling and easy to use interface, ensure its maintainability and ease of use, and suggest ways to improve the look and feel of the application. We are lean, which means we reflect on what we learn and use that new knowledge to quickly make better products. Your job is to keep learning, contribute your knowledge back to the rest of the team, and apply what you learn to make Metova and our clients even greater.
Metova's engineering team is looking for an Android Developer to join our growing team. You are highly motivated, collaborative, and technical, with the passion to help shape the delivery of software products for our customers. You are passionate about web development and interested in helping to shape the future of our web services team.You are always seeking new and diverse challenges to grow your skill set and broaden your experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will join development on a mobile SDK, in use by tens of thousands of applications with hundreds of millions of users world-wide
- You will join the weekly team meetings with the client and communicate progress to the client, as well as work closely with our development team in Slack
- You will be responsible for development, do a portion of the testing, and be responsible for the release of the application
RESPONSIBILITIES: As a developer, you are responsible for delivering valuable software to your clients while adhering to technical standards, company values, and industry best practices. Your success in this position will require you to set and meet appropriate expectations with customers and delight customers by anticipating their needs. You will be accountable for meeting commitments and producing quality, tested software. High output, driven developer, able to work in a team setting.
Here are some tools we use in our Android development process:
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Android Studio
- You are an Android Developer with 3+ years of industry experience with the availability to work 40 hours a week, with the majority of the time overlapping a central time zone (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Central)
- You have ability to write and test SDKs for use by other developers
- Here are some of the skills we expect you to possess:
- Java and Kotlin
- Client and team communication
- Material design
- Action bar/toolbar
- Support libraries/Android X/Jetpack
- Understanding of the activity and fragment lifecycle
- Efficient layout design
- Resource/asset management
- Multi-threading, background processing
- Functional / UI Testing (Espresso)
WE CONSIDER IT A PLUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Significant UI experience (one of the primary SDKs is UI-related - so although you will not be developing a user interface for the application, knowledge on UI is important)
- Significant push notification experience (one of the primary SDKs is push-notification related)
Founded in 2006, Metova has a long history of providing cutting edge technology solutions to clients across a variety of industries. Today, Metova specializes in software and application development for web based solutions, iOS, and Android. Working at Metova allows you to not only provide your strategic and technical expertise to others, but also continued personal development through internal career development curriculum, cross-training programs with fellow employees, and challenging projects solving real-world issues. We are a growing company looking for thought leaders who want to revolutionize industries to join our team.
We offer a work environment that also works for you through remote teams, flexible schedules, open PTO policy, and a flat organization that embraces the diverse backgrounds and skill sets across our teams to continue to drive Metova forward on our path to success. We offer a competitive salary, dental, vision, and health plans, and a matching 401(k) program.
Metova is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work and reside in the United States. However, we will not consider applicants who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or refugees.
Metova, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved