🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Who We Are
Milestone is a rapidly growing professional services firm that provides Outsourced Accounting and HR services to small and medium-sized businesses. We are headquartered in Indianapolis but have a national footprint.
We do things differently at Milestone, and our clients notice. We believe that the right approach to Outsourced Accounting and HR can be a key competitive advantage for growing businesses. We are driven to make a difference for the founders out there making a difference every day
Our team members are talented, committed, and fun-loving. Our culture is collegial and supportive, and we don't believe in office politics.
Who You Are
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are motivated to get things done and done well.
- You enjoy new challenges and believe you should leave things better than you found them.
- You're a sense maker - a strong, clear, and concise communicator - and are unafraid to untangle a problem, a system, or a conflict.
- You're a creative thinker and compliant problem-solver.
- You have a passion for people and believe they are an organization's most important assets.
- You are proactive, organized, and detail-oriented.
- You're confident in your ability to deliver excellent client experiences while building relationships with a variety of personalities, professions, and leaders.
What You'll Do
This role is an opportunity to take a crash course in up-leveling your HR experience and work with a stellar group of other HR and Payroll professionals, ready to collaborate, learn and share as we grow our clients and ourselves. You will partner with various leaders across industries to help lead them through the employee lifecycle. From onboarding new team members to offboarding those ready for their next adventure, you will have the opportunity to impact many businesses and many employees.
A Day in the Life
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
HR Milestones Under Your Belt
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive HR experience
- A consulting mindset with excellent communication skills and a focus on customer service
- In-depth knowledge of HR processes, best practices, and compliance
- Experience working with multi-state companies/clients preferred.