🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
Milestone Business Solutions is seeking a full-time, remote Payroll Specialist to partner with our expanding list of unique, notable, up-and-coming and just plain awesome clients.
Who We Are
Milestone is a rapidly growing professional services firm that provides Outsourced Accounting and HR services to small and medium-sized businesses. We are a remote-first company headquartered in Indianapolis, but have a national footprint.
Our team members are talented, committed and fun-loving. Our culture is collegial and supportive, and we don't believe in office politics.
Who You Are
- You are customer-oriented and believe professional services should be a partnership built on solid communication and proactive support.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are motivated to get things done and done well.
- You enjoy new challenges and believe you should leave things better than you found them.
What You'll Do
You will administer weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for companies across the country in various systems and industries. You will provide our clients with innovative, structured solutions that scale, add value and build trust.
A Day in the Life
- Accurately process client payroll, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and internal policies.
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems.
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, raises, etc.) and system upgrades.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all payroll-related systems used by our clients (including 401K and HRIS) to serve our clients' needs now and provide recommendations for their business in the future.
Payroll Milestones Under Your Belt
- 3+ years of direct, hands-on payroll experience.
- Experience working with multi-state companies/clients.
- In-depth knowledge of payroll compliance.
- Excellent time management and strict adherence to deadlines.
- Experience in some or all of the following systems is highly preferred.
- Gusto, Paylocity, Rippling, ADP, Quickbooks, Paychex, iSolved, Paycom.
- Certifications in CPP or FPC are preferred but not required.
Milestone offers competitive compensation and benefits, paid time away from work benefits, and a flexible work environment.
Milestone is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To learn more about Milestone, visit our website at www.milestone.inc.