3 to 5 years
RoleAll Other Remote
WE MAKE HEALTHCARE AFFORDABLE FOR AMERICANS
- Today, 112 million Americans have trouble paying for healthcare. Nearly 1 in 4 Americans have medical debt. Healthcare costs are skyrocketing, and patients are facing more of that financial burden. We started Milu Health to tackle this problem.
WHO WE ARE
- Milu Health is an early stage startup focused on making healthcare affordable for Americans.
- Using healthcare pricing data -- a 500TB healthcare cost dataset that payers recently have had to release publicly for the first time ever -- combined with other healthcare quality and claims data, we think we can change how employers and employees pay for healthcare and ultimately make high-quality medical care more affordable for patients.
- Our tools comprise an operating system to reduce a patient's personal healthcare spend -- from helping patients identify which high-quality and high-value doctors to go to for a procedure, to informing them about the most affordable prescription options for their medicines, to making sure their medical bills are correct. Through our entire stack, we engage patients through our consumer-facing products and cash-back incentives that can cover their out-of-pocket spend.
- We're looking for the best people in the world to dig and build something great with us. It's not going to be easy. There's going to be twists and turns, successes and failures, and tons of learning. But we're in this for the long haul and believe we can fundamentally change a broken system.
- Our founding team has spent the last combined 10 years building data-based healthcare businesses. Milu is backed by leading investors including a16z, Box Group, Steve Pagliuca, 81 Collection, Starting Line VC, Hypothesis Ventures and others.
- We're looking for a Data Analyst to join our team in our New York City or Evanston offices, or work remotely.
- As that data analyst, you will be responsible for querying, evaluating and understanding data outputs across all of our products, ultimately aimed at identifying cost savings opportunities and high quality medical options for patients. You will drive the scaleable analysis of data in a HIPAA-compliant environment. Ideally, you've previously done extensive healthcare claims data analysis and have experience working with CPT codes and other healthcare cost data. Most importantly, you're going to be an early data scientist on a growing team. You'll set our processes, culture and build the core infrastructure in the earliest days of the company. It's going to be a fun ride.
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
- 3-5 years of data analysis experience, 1-2 years in healthcare
- You've worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly
- You're excited to work at a startup: things will change fast, we'll learn quickly, build, iterate and evolve