RoleAll Other Remote
At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to careers and opportunities like few other skills. That's why we've rallied around the common goal of making coding universally accessible.
We've been hard at work building a web development curriculum to help learners gain the needed skills to land their first job as a developer. To help us continue building an effective and enjoyable learning experience, we're now looking for a Curriculum Owner to join our four-member Curriculum team.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll create engaging and enjoyable instructional content for introductory and intensive courses, maintaining completion rates of 80% and higher by incorporating learner feedback continuously.
- You’ll leverage our learning model, a direct instruction, and a project-based approach to effectively design and execute the development process while identifying and promoting opportunities for improvement through evidence.
- You’ll apply skills related to instructional design theory, recruiting, and supervising curriculum developers to design effective educational content.
You’ll thrive in this role if
- You have created excellent learning experiences. You’ve successfully designed kick-ass learning journeys, on which learners get into action and form habits through digital solutions.
- Your design approach is learner-centric. You have a thirst for understanding learner needs and are keen to break down complex concepts in an engaging and accessible way.
- The science of learning gets you excited. You know about the complexities of changing people’s behaviors. You are eager to help people build skills and put their new knowledge into action.
- You are an avid learner yourself. You are constantly looking to hone your instincts through learner feedback and data insights. You are comfortable sharing and receiving meaningful feedback.
- You are a remote-work advocate. You value asynchronous, written communication and express yourself concisely. You’re prepared to internalize the voice and tone for our learners and demonstrate the value of working in a remote and asynchronous environment.
- You are constantly on top of things. You feel comfortable managing schedules, setting priorities, and meeting realistic but ambitious deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
How we work
- We are a distributed team, operating between the Eastern Standard time zone and the European Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer working in an office instead? No problem. In case you choose to come to Austria to work at our Headquarters, we’ll handle the work permit application for you, and cover travel expenses related to your relocation.
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
Our global perks and benefits
We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
25 days of paid vacation days in addition to your local public holidays, and paid sick leave.
We sponsor team retreats throughout Europe and remote-friendly activities, like hack weeks, and coffee breaks.
To further develop yourself, make use of our € 680 personal growth budget for books, online courses, conferences, or anything else that supports your personal development.
Your annual salary will range from € 42k to € 53k gross annually (or € 54 to € 68k for contractors). Your salary will automatically increase by 5% every year. No questions asked.
The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
With the Mimo app, we've made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and reach university-level learning outcomes. And with the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way toward becoming the world’s largest tech school. To help millions more learn to code and eventually become developers, we're constantly growing. If you, too, want to make coding accessible to everybody, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.
If you're excited to embark on a new adventure at the intersection of instructional design, web development, and online education, this is your opportunity to shape the future of computer science education.