Senior Kubernetes Software Engineer
Mirantis helps organizations ship code faster on public and private clouds. The company provides a public cloud experience on any infrastructure from the data center to the edge. With Lens and the Mirantis Cloud Native Platform, Mirantis empowers a new breed of Kubernetes developers by removing infrastructure and operations complexity and providing one cohesive cloud experience for complete app and DevOps portability, a single pane of glass, and automated full-stack lifecycle management with continuous updates.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Societe Generale, Splunk, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive engineer, focused on development. You will be working internally with our professional services team, cloud operations, and customer engineering teams to help our customers create automation and develop code to onboard their services from bare metal infrastructure to OpenStack cloud and Kubernetes clusters. You would be working as a member of an onboarding team consisting of the customer and Mirantis engineers, working in agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Develop Kubernetes controllers, cluster APIs, and integration with customer systems
- Create automation for infrastructure provisioning
- Operational support, triage and solve issues with internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Working with technologies like MySQL/Cassandra/Elasticsearch database environment, HAProxy load balancers, Envoy service mesh, APigee gateway, Kafka streaming service, Hadoop big data storage, Graphite time series, Grafana dashboard platform, monitoring & alerting tools, CI/CD tooling, Perl/Java/Node.js language frameworks and more...
- Lots of collaboration with customer applications developers' teams
- Strong development background in Golang or Python
- Strong Kubernetes expertise as a user and developer
- General experience with Linux, virtualization & storage
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance experience
- Knowledge of automated software testing, continuous integration, and release management
- Experience in debugging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting complex production software
- Experience in developing and maintaining services built on microservice architecture
- Preferably a university/master's degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Good communication in English - written and spoken
Nice to Have:
- OpenStack experience - familiarity with the APIs as a user
- Experience with infrastructure automation in Puppet
- Experience in onboarding applications to the cloud
- Production operations experience
- Experience with design, development, testing, and monitoring of large-scale and data-intensive systems
- Work for an established leader in the Cloud Native industry with over 800 enterprise customers, HQ in Silicon Valley.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented, and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune and Global 2000 customers implement modern open-source cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Flexible working schedule and remote / or hybrid work environment.
- Receive a competitive compensation package.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2's Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!
We are a Leader in Container Management in G2 (#2 after AWS)!