RoleManagement and Finance
Join a fast-growing EdTech company who is advancing mental health and wellness, worldwide!
moozoom seeks an experienced, passionate and purpose-driven Financial Controller who is excited to reshape how we discuss and prevent student mental health challenges in K12 schools. If this talks to you, then read on!
moozoom is a fast-growing EdTech company looking for talented and enthusiastic people who share our excitement for building a better world for children. This role is a key part of our future success and will help support thousands – potentially millions – of young students, world-wide.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Building and tracking KPIs
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Tech start-up experience is a plus
- Full time remote position
- Flexible work hours.
- Collaborative work environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- 4 weeks vacation.
- Supported to do one of the most impactful work of your life.
Don’t forget to access https://moozoomapp.com to see how great it is!
Our six steps hiring process
- Short video and CV: send your CV, as well as a short video describing who you are and why you should be the person we are looking for.
- Initial Interview: if selected, this is where you and us get to know each other better.
- Mini project: moving forward at this stage of the hiring process, we will distribute a mini project that will allow you to show how good you are.
- Final interview: we’re getting there. You made it so far and it’s now the moment where you get to meet other people of the team.
- Offer: we send you an offer tailored to convince you to join our team.
- Take off: this is the day you start changing the world with us.
Join our team!