🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for an Audio Engineer who’s passionate about building extraordinary new audio experiences that inspire others. Awesome and immersive audio is a major part of the player experience, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
You should be comfortable working with both programmers and audio content creators as you will be working with both teams. The ideal candidate is an excellent general programmer with strong 3D math skills who is passionately dedicated to the world of audio.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Partnering with design, engineering, and audio lead to implement and improve audio tools/features that meet the needs of the project
- Working closely with the audio lead to implement and iterate on gameplay audio needs
- Working closely with audio lead and level designers to implement and maintain audio systems like obstruction/occlusion, spatialization, and reverb
- Contributing to cross-team audio tools/features and runtime development to help push the limits of what's possible in-game audio
- Collaborating with production and the audio team to create and maintain a transparent and reliable audio schedule
- Authoring documentation and communicating best practices and technical constraints of the audio systems and tools
- Establishing audio engineering best practices that ensure high-quality results
- Creating a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect
- Following best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional games
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 years of experience of professional programming experience
- Fluent in C / C++
- Experience w/ audio middleware tools
- Experience with runtime DSP and 3D audio programming
- Expert-level knowledge of Wwise and the Unreal engine
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Experience programming audio for PC and console games
- Experience with audio filter design, FFT, sound synthesis, and effects
- At least 1 shipped AAA game title/development experience
- Shooter game and multiplayer game experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- 8 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Remote-work Friendly