Senior Software Architect (SaaS)
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleFull Stack Programming
Our client is the world's leader in scheduling and workforce management software. In response to COVID-19, they have partnered with government bodies and healthcare organizations worldwide to bring the fight to COVID. They are driving the rollout of vaccine programs at scale internationally and playing our part in helping the world reopen on schedule.
The client is looking to hire a Senior Architect. You will serve as the technical leader for the healthcare product solution. You will provide technical design oversight and guidance during discovery, assist with due diligence when evaluating integrations and partnerships, propose technical solutions, and perform time and cost estimates for each solution. A Senior Architect is still acting in a very hands-on engineering role, and as such, they are a prolific contributor. When presented with a complex problem, process, or existing system, they are consistently able to reduce the complexity in order to get more done with less work. The Senior Architect’s core mission is to ensure that great product ideas are also feasible. You will be in regular communication with the core product architecture team, and Skedulo’s Principal Architect, providing feedback on core capabilities and gaps, acting as a partner on key business and product initiatives.
- Squad (Daily ongoing duties)
- Writing and reviewing code from the sprint backlog in line with team best practices.
- Assisting in driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Coaching and mentoring engineers in architecture best practices.
- Architectural Duties
- Sets short to medium-term strategic technical direction for the Core Capabilities tribe in line with the overall product architecture.
- Anticipates and plans ahead 6-12 months in order to identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them.
- Works with the rest of the Architecture team to drive the overall product architecture forward.
- Communication & Leadership Duties
- Operate in a collaborative manner by guiding technical discussions to help reach a consensus; once a decision is made, clearly communicates, and backs that decision.
- Regularly present the latest architectural decisions and direction via documentation and presentations to the rest of the Product Development team.
- Must have at least 5+ years commercial experience as a Full Stack developer
- Must have at least 3+ years experience in a software design and architecture role, ideally in a SaaS-based product organization
- Must have at least 3+ years experience communicating architecture direction and decisions through presentations and clear architectural diagrams to engineering/product groups
- Preferred candidates will have experience in designing and building distributed architectures that support modern web applications.
- Preferred candidates will have experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience working with GraphQL and React.
- Preferred candidates will have a team player mentality, will be quick on their feet, agile, and aren't afraid to speak up and voice their opinion.
- This position will require no more than 10% travel from time to time as set forth by the Company.
- Must have a valid US work visa upon hire to be considered for this position.
- Must have reliable internet connection and an at-home workstation set up, if working remotely.
We encourage you to apply!
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self reject!
All of MVG HR Solutions's clients are Equal Opportunity Employers. We believe that a diverse makeup of our workforce is a reflection of the communities we care about and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace and inclusive culture. All qualified candidates are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Fun, creative, and fast-paced working environment
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 10 days paid public holiday per year
- 8 Mental Health paid days off per year
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days per year
- Paid Calm App Subscription
- Stock Options/ Equity
- 401k 4% Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus