Global Support Engineer
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Global Support Engineer role
The Global Support Engineer is a member of the global Product team. You will be a full-time remote role based in GMT time zone (plus or minus a couple hours to overlap the in-country team working hours as much as possible). You will report to the Global IT Manager.
You will guide the on-time delivery of myAgro's products for Field Operations and Programs. You will focus on supporting technology, products, and IT systems used by office and field staff in the countries we operate in. You will also gather from the users through the support systems, distill, and share user feedback that becomes an important part of our product development process. You will be the link between our users in the offices and fields and the (mostly remote) product team.
- Help staff and users with technology-related issues by responding promptly to user queries about the apps/tools supported and escalation of issues to Product and Engineering teams.
- Implement projects and assist with the roll-out of new applications, tools, and systems
- Provision and manage cloud-based servers, deploy databases, security monitoring, system patching, and managing internal and external network connectivity
- Take ownership of disaster recovery implementation, quarterly restore activities and backup monitoring
- Release Manager – Release new features and ensuring post-release product stability
- 3+ years of experience working with technical systems, especially supporting software/apps
- A team player that can work cross culturally
- Experience working with technical systems, especially supporting software
- Experience with the product development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Google Suite tools or other productivity tools
- Experience with computer systems, networks, mobile devices, and other tech/software products
- Desire to go above and beyond to help users and customers and resolve their issues
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and life coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.