Staff/Principal Backend Engineer (TypeScript)
n8n is a low-code workflow automation tool that allows you to connect different services together with custom logic (think syncing your CRM with an internal database or allowing companies to easily build Slack bots for their products). We launched 1.5 years ago to a ton of interest, and things have accelerated since then:
📈 With 60m Docker pulls and a huge active user base/community - we're already building global traction
⭐️ With 21k stars, we are now in the top 500 of the 238m projects on GitHub
🌱 We were Sequoia's first seed investment in Germany, and recently raised a $12m Series A round, led by Felicis Ventures
We're on a mission to give technical superpowers to everyone with a computer. Why not help us get there?!
As a Staff/Principal Backend Engineer at n8n, you will
- Provide technical leadership for our growing team of engineers and help shape the future roadmap for our products
- Advocate for best practices whilst designing innovative, evolutionary architectures
- Architect and implement scalable, robust, and well-tested software
- Mentor other engineers and provide technical design and code reviews that empowers a team to do its best work
- Work closely with the engineering team, and cross-functionally with product managers and designers, along with the founder and senior management to help drive further growth of the company
- 6+ years of broad experience architecting and implementing robust, scalable, distributed web applications and event-based systems
- Track-record of bringing new technical innovations to production environments
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence decisions
- Career opportunities. We are looking to hire 'rising stars', who can grow with the company into more senior roles. We give you €1k a year to spend on courses, books, events and coaching, to support you in developing your career
- Transparency. We all know what everyone’s working on, how’s the company doing — the whole shebang
- A passionate team. We love our product. We have regular office hackathons to see who can build the coolest thing with it
- We're big fans of open source, and you'll get $100 per month to give to projects you care about
- Being fair is really important to us. Equity? Of course we give you equity
This role can be done from anywhere within Europe. We can sponsor visas to Germany; for any other country, you need to have existing right to work. Our company language is English.
n8n is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.