Director of Product Writing and Instructional Design
RoleAll Other Remote
Narvar is Growing! We are hiring a Director of Product Writing and Instructional Design, reporting to the Head of Design and Research. You will help us empower top brands to reach their business objectives by clearly documenting and communicating our product usage and benefits. You will develop collaborative relationships to drive strong user adoption and excellent retention rates for Narvar’s solutions, demonstrating value every step of the way.
In this role, you will drive the product documentation, training, and content delivery strategy to ensure that our customers have the right product know-how to solve their business needs and derive the most value from Narvar products. This includes but is not limited to technical product writing, go-to-market materials, sales enablement, KCS support documentation, and training curriculum. You will also oversee UX copy so that our core offerings are easily understandable with consistent language to a diverse set of users.
You will guide a team of product writers (both employees and contractors) and collaborate closely with our product managers, support teams, design teams, and go-to-market enablers.
What you’ll do
- Lead and develop a team of instructional designers and product writers
- Clearly define our content audience (and different personas) and create content strategies that drive continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Take overall ownership of customer-facing product documentation and create a scalable process for authoring and publishing documentation
- Determine how to best-crowd-sourced content from inside Narvar and our growing ecosystem of customers and partners
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders such as professional services, customer success, customer support, sales, and others on the product training strategy
- Deliver meaningful product training to employees, customers, and partners. This may include self-guided tutorials, interactive e-Learning, webinars, train-the-trainer programs, and in-app guides
- Define and create a Narvar product university curriculum by function and level and build a certification program
- Partner closely with product management and engineering on upcoming features. Implement a variety of mediums for training collateral including video tutorials, blog articles, and scalable testing mechanisms
- Identify and evaluate tools and software required for product documentation and training that will scale with Narvar’s growth
- Assist with a blog strategy and publishing schedule
What we’re looking for
- Created an overarching documentation strategy that covered all product writing from API documentation to sales enablement to customer support
- Managed and led an API-first SaaS B2B company’s product writing teams (companies like Stripe, Shopify, Twilio, Sendgrid, Checkr, Plaid, Segment, Auth0, Zapier, etc)
- Experience authoring content, crowdsourcing content, and developing a publishing calendar that coincides with product releases and major support issues
- Experiences working directly with engineering teams on products for both an everyday business operator (e.g. marketing manager) AND a technical audience, such as developers or technical support specialists
- Developed and maintained training curriculum (videos, hands-on, writing, etc) along with a scalable testing mechanism. Measured training, course, and instructor effectiveness and made improvements based on feedback
- Oversaw and/or contributed to sales enablement guides and go-to-market training
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in learning and development, education, writing, analytical, engineering, or another scientific-related field, or equivalent experience
- Fantastic writing and editing–you will guide a team to best engage and inform various audiences
- You leave no stone unturned in your search for answers
- You arrive with a point of view and seek to leave with new perspectives
What you value
- Growing and developing a team and unlocking each team member super powers
- You’re “On it!” There is no task too big or small
- Variety is the spice of your life
- You can take a complicated solution and break it down into easy to understand steps
- Making a plan out of ambiguity excites you
- You live and breathe the written word, but speak sales, engineering, strategy and brand fluently
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We’ve been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you’re working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved