QA Engineer - Automation
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a self-driven, analytical QA Engineer - Automation to join our team as we scale globally. When building software, you go through many stages. From initial requirements to product launch, it’s integral to ensure that everything works according to specification. That’s why we’re looking for a reliable, precise Quality Assurance engineer to help us develop and maintain a high standard of quality and reliability. A qualified candidate is experienced in applying quality assurance concepts and leading quality control efforts utilizing both manual testing and automated testing on complex, data-driven, web-based software applications and websites.
By joining our team, you will take part in various projects, assessing software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and automated tests. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them, and see that they’re dealt with.There are no shortcuts in achieving greatness: It’s a lot of work. But once you’re at the top, you’ll enjoy the view.
- Test tickets and conduct regression testing, including running automated and manual tests
- Actively check Jira project sprint boards for deployed tickets that are ready for testing
- Create new test cases and automated tests (when necessary) based off new functionally, new features and bugs
- Improve current automated tests
- Write up documentation in Confluence (update current documentation, regression tests, automated tests, etc)
- Proactively help other team members with ticket testing and regression testing on projects you are familiar with.
- Actively check Slack
- Focus on your OKRS/goals set for you at the beginning of each quarter
- Further your knowledge of QA by completing courses, conducting research, and staying up to date with current trends
- 5+ years of experience in software development and testing
- High proficiency in computer technology and programming languages
- Proficiency in Java, Scala, or Python required
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Extensive experience in creating testing frameworks from scratch to develop Automated tests
- Excellent documentation of automated tests and test cases
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
Near is the world's largest source of intelligence on people and places, processing data from over 1.6 billion monthly users across 44 countries. TheNear Platform powers data-driven marketing and enrichment offeringsthrough a suite of SaaS products. The users of the platform can leverage audience, spatial, retail, among other data in a privacy-led environment.
Founded in 2012, Near is headquartered in Singapore with offices in California, New York, London, Paris, Bangalore, Tokyo, and Sydney. Today, marquee brands such as News Corp work with Near to provide enhanced customer experiences.
Near is backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, JP Morgan Private Equity Group, Cisco Investments, Telstra Ventures, and Greater Pacific Capital. Visit www.near.co to find out more.