Remote Rails Backend Developer
Anywhere in the World
Senior Back End Ruby on Rails Dev
About the Opportunity
We're looking for a freelance Senior Ruby on Rails Backend Developer to integrate Amazon SES into a Rails application, supporting multiple domains on a request-by-request basis. We expect this work to take 1 month, full-time (40 hours per week).
We are the industry leader in online booking and marketing software for barbers. Barbershops often don't have the capacity to attract business online and organise their time - on top of providing their barbering service. We provide booking and marketing software to enable business owners to easily take bookings online, manage their time and market to their customers. The business is built on Ruby on Rails.
- You use TDD in all of your work
- You have at least 5 years of full-time professional experience with Rails
- You have at least 3 years of experience using Rspec
- You have experience with integrating Mailgun, Amazon SES or another transactional email provider.
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Backend Developer, you will work closely with the technical founder/CEO to integrate a new email provider into a Rails application. We anticipate that this will take an experienced person 1 month to complete.
If this project goes well, there will be opportunity to work together on more projects.
You can focus on this project full-time (40 hours per week) or close to full-time for one month. You can be available to investigate bugs quickly and take responsibility for maintenance during the transition period of the project.
Benefits of our working environment
- Remote-first: We are a remote-first company without an in person office. We trust our employees to work flexibility and autonomously to efficiently meet business goals.
- Flexible working hours: Aside from regular team meetings and availability during core hours, we are happy for you to complete your work whenever you're most productive.
- Close team: Although we work remotely, our team is close knit and colleagues are always there to help one another.
- Customer feedback: Our customers are small business owners and we are privileged to work closely with them to continue to improve our product.
- Bootstrapped: We have never raised external capital. We have no distractions from past or future investors. We're entirely focused helping our customers and we're taking our time to grow sustainably.
We're a small team and we're passionate about being a great company to work with and work for.