(Senior) Backend Engineer
What makes Netcentric a great fit for you?
At Netcentric, you’re part of a multinational & multicultural organization that inspires and empowers our clients and their digital visions. We’re an award-winning Adobe Global Alliance Partner that delivers the best digital solutions for the world’s greatest brands by unlocking the potential of this cutting-edge technology.
Here, everyone has a voice because we work on the principle of Holacracy. If you’re ready to work with an innovative, collaborative, and ambitious team, check our job opening details below: Netcentric is the place for you! Our employees enjoy an agile, dynamic, on-site, or remote-working environment, with continuous access to training and development, and stunning studio locations.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to participate in web development projects for major international customers. If you are a backend developer interested in building web solutions based on modern standards, this role will allow you to learn and develop new skills and contribute to the growth of Netcentric.
Netcentric is powered by an international team of skilled, social people who are all about building innovative digital marketing solutions in the Adobe Experience Cloud. We are a responsive organisation that enables everyone to take initiative and contribute to the success of our projects and the company through Holacracy. We focus on technology, delivering quality work and supporting our customers.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk. Your role includes:
- Developing and maintaining large scale web solutions and components
- Translating requirements into solutions
- Write unit and integration tests
- Integrating third party services
- Coordinating with Frontend developers to build integrated solutions
- Working with other talented developers in a decentralized manner
- Participating in code reviews and sharing best practices
What do we require?
- Experience with web projects
- Good knowledge of Java or other Object Oriented Languages
- Build tools like Maven or Gradle
- Version control tools, especially Git
- Knowledge about RESTful Services
- Design patterns and clean code
- A proactive mind-set and enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
What makes us smile when looking at your profile…
- Hands-on experience with any kind of CMS
- Knowledge about Apache Felix (OSGi) or Apache Jackrabbit
- Testing at all levels: unit, integration, functional and performance
- Task management, bug tracking, and wiki-based documentation tools
- Additional language skills, including German or Spanish, would be an asset
- Eligibility to work within the EU and/or Switzerland
What do we offer YOU?
- Permanent contract
- 30 working days of vacation for all employees
- Flexible working hours, with respect to project needs
- Recognition bonus system
- Continuous training and coaching
- Dynamic and international team
- Sponsored gym membership
- Apple work equipment
- Central office locations with great office space
- Table football
- Many off-site company events
- Kitchen access with a large selection of teas, coffee and Bionade
- Everyone has a voice, we are a Holacracy organization