Senior Blockchain Application Engineer
If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems, having an impact on a fast-paced remotely managed engineering team and being surrounded by inspiring co-workers, then keep reading!
We are bringing to life fast, trustless, decentralized computation. The Nillion team is looking for talented software engineers to build a new paradigm in decentralized computing with the aim of redefining network computation on private data. We build using open-source platforms, technologies and tools, including Linux, Terraform, Rust, Bash and others.
As a Blockchain Application Engineer at Nillion you will own the delivery of token development and blockchain interfacing capabilities to enable both our product roadmap and the development of the DAO we will use to manage our decentralized computation network. This includes but is not limited to writing and auditing Smart Contracts, DAOs, Assets, Tokenomics models, aiding with Ring Mining and Airdrops and any other effort that can support the nil token along with our integration with the diverse external blockchain ecosystem.
We work in an environment where tangibility and flexibility are key attributes that help us innovate. Our engineering team embodies those qualities, bringing clarity and direction to help move new ideas forward. If you enjoy keeping up to speed on current technological trends and have an interest in crypto and security - get in touch!
We are a remote-first organization looking to build an engineering team primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required, but only occasionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, C#, Go or Rust
- 2+ years experience leading technical projects in one or more of the existing Blockchain Technologies e.g. Ethereum (or other EVMs), Solana, Polkadot
- Ability to develop smart contracts in Solidity or similar languages (e.g. Rust, Vyper)
- Passionate and enthusiastic about cryptocurrencies and the DLT space
- Very strong grasp of smart contract design patterns and security considerations
“Nice to Have” Requirements:
- Experience with blockchain infrastructure systems (e.g. Oracles, Bridges, RPCs)
- Experience with Rust, Golang, node.js
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift technologies
- Experience with Terraform for infrastructure-as-code
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency markets, ecosystem and ethos
- Experience in financial markets/software / DeFi
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of distributed cryptographic principles and protocols (e.g. ZKP or SMPC)
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems at scale
Engineering Culture and Perks:
We expect technical members of the Nillion team to have or be the following:
- Comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to find and integrate knowledge quickly
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work independently and with a bias towards action
- Be incredibly technically curious about how things work or how to do things a better way
- Good at providing valuable feedback on architecture or code reviews with team members
- Ability to work with a cross-functional and globally distributed team
- Good at coaching and being coached
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with keen attention to detail
- Great at providing simple and extensible abstractions to complex systems
We offer the following perks as part of employment with Million:
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team
- Competitive Salary and Token Compensation; Acquire Nil tokens as part of your bonus
- Make a big impact as an early contributor to an incredible founding team
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field
- Learn from systems engineering, cryptography, and finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! We are fully remote but value regular meet-ups.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit and you’d like to find out more, hit apply below and submit your CV! If you don’t have a CV to hand, you can always download your LinkedIn profile and use that (click “More…” on your LinkedIn profile then “Save to PDF” 💡).
Nillion is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.