Linux System Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
Works with IT engineering team to implement and provide support to agency's IT system infrastructure.
Performs day-to-day activities related to the support, research, analysis, and implementation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
Considerable knowledge, experience, and understanding of working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (Red Hat) in a VMware environment is require. This includes:
• Experience with troubleshooting Linux/Red Hat problems.
• Experience with Linux/LVM concepts of UNIX file structure.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with performance monitoring, system testing, OS upgrade, and software patch Installation and testing in a Red Hat environment.
• Experience with standard server networking protocols.
• Experience with medium to large-scale Linux/Red Hat environments.
• Experience with providing technical support.
• Experience working with and writing Shell (ex: Perl, Bash, etc) scripting.
• Excellent communicative & collaborative skills
• Experience developing desk procedures and other required documentation.
In-depth experience with Red Hat operating systems and server provisioning