Business Operations Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
We’re looking for an Operations Manager, to work directly with our CEO, Matthew Gregory.
You will gain insight into a range of functions and operations at a high-growth early stage startup with daily contact with, and mentorship from, the CEO. This role is an ideal opportunity for a generalist who prides themselves on their analytics, organization, clear communication, and effective execution skills. If you are on a Chief of Staff to COO career path, this is a great place to build the fundamental skills that underpin senior and executive level roles.
In this role you will:
Partner with the CEO on all external-facing matters: Attend meetings and calls with Matthew, act as his proxy in his absence, and ensure execution of action-items and follow ups. Create decks and materials to support board meeting prep, investor relations, fundraising, and business development opportunities.
Spearhead special projects: Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of leadership. E.g. research on an adjacent business opportunity, curate lists of strategic investor targets, work on venture funding roadshows, etc.
Support internal operations: build financial models, build presentations, prepare agendas, take notes, and assign action items at weekly leadership meetings, support the OKR and annual planning processes.
- 4+ years in a fast-paced business, or operations. Alternatively, 2-3 years in investment banking or management consulting.
- A mix of strong analytical capabilities, sharp business acumen, and a “get stuff done” mentality.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple priorities, & remain highly organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills, crisp communication and presentation skills.
- Can create dashboards and reports in Salesforce.
- Can build and maintain basic financial models.
- Can pull data from databases and organize with analytics tools.
- Low ego: no task is too small or "beneath you".
- High ambition: strong growth mindset and high expectations for career trajectory.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and unstructured environment.
- We require that you are a citizen of the USA. You will be working West Coast / Pacific Time Zone hours.
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.