Software Engineer - React Native
RoleAll Other Remote
Hi. We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services. We solve the complexity of moving money and enable better decisions. Headquartered in Sydney with offices worldwide, we're a customer-focused business that is all about inspiring customer confidence.
At OFX, you'll have the opportunity to reach beyond your role and function across disciplines. Make use of your diverse skill set at a business that values your expertise and turns your potential into reality.
The Software Engineer role is responsible for delivering high-quality code and business value, working alongside engineering peers and technical leads as part of a high-performing team. Working in an agile environment, you will provide technical expertise and support while delivering quality software. On a day-to-day basis, the Software Engineer is actively contributing to the continuous improvement of our technical delivery and participating in the agile processes while positively contributing to discussions and team dynamics. The Software Engineer is responsible for delivering high-quality applications, automation and testing code in accordance with industry best practices and OFX guidelines.
This role can be based remotely anywhere within Australia.
What you do
- Together with the tech leads and senior engineers, help improve our coding practices while delivering code and participating in code reviews
- Ensure code is efficient and adheres to OFX coding standards and guidelines and industry best practices.
- Ensure that our capability and expertise continue to evolve by motivating the teams and promoting a collaborative working environment.
- Identify complex areas of code that require refactoring and technical debt and ensure these are addressed as appropriate.
- As part of an agile team assist outside of your core skills including deployments, QA and level 3 support when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively within the agile team to deliver user stories. Owning stories to ensure they meet all functional and non-functional acceptance criteria.
- Work with the solution and application architects to create solutions and conduct spikes when required.
- Participate in design reviews and proof of concepts.
- Maintain consistent and constant communication with stakeholders.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in building front-end applications using modern frameworks and tools – e.g. React, Cypress, Material, Babel, etc.,
- Minimum 2+ years of commercial experience in React native and DevOps
- A strong understanding of Typescript, Redux State Management, consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with deploying and testing mobile applications on iOS and Android mobile devices
- Experience working with Design Language Systems
- Strong experience with all phases of testing and have used Mobile testing platforms
- An understanding and passion for best practices in frontend engineering, instrumentation, performance analysis, and optimization
- Experience writing scalable and reusable code for UI components
- Knowledge-building form and data-heavy web applications
- Understanding of Agile development methodology and practices such as TDD, Scrum etc.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with design, product, and engineering teams
- An understanding of software development best practices, design patterns, and coding standards
- Experience with SASS or LESS CSS transpilers
- Experience consuming GraphQL APIs and building (BFF layer)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Serverless ecosystem
- Knowledge of banking or payment systems.
What it's like working at OFX:
We're OFXers because we want to make a difference. We see challenges as opportunities and we're not afraid to roll up our sleeves to get stuff done. We're committed to making things easier for our clients, pushing boundaries, and continuing to move with the times so that we can continue to inspire confidence every day and through every transaction.
We operate as one team, cross-functionally and globally to drive outcomes that deliver excellence for our customers. We're curious self-starters who love learning and sharing our knowledge with others. We embrace change and use our initiative and resilience to overcome challenges.
- Always keep learning. We offer LinkedIn learning programs, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and host an annual Open Day to encourage cross-functional and soft-skill learning
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers' effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organize events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it's participating in our weekly yoga class (now also on Zoom), office happy hours, end of year celebrations. Our team wants you to feel welcome!