🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
OhmConnect is a climate tech software company on a mission to rally people to change how and when they use electricity — unlocking clean, affordable, and reliable energy.
Our award-winning product makes it easy for families to save energy at home while keeping the grid running smoothly, letting our users support the growth of clean energy and also rewarding them along the way. OhmConnect is a winner of Fast Company's World Changing Ideas 2021 Award and is backed by leading investors, including Sidewalk Infrastructure Partners.
What We Do
Our products encompass:
- Consumer-facing applications that use home automation control and user behavior modeling to shape consumer energy consumption.
- Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances - smart plugs, thermostats, chargers, etc.
- Smart Meter data ingestion and analysis for consumer consumption forecast.
- Bidding, monitoring and settlement processes for the energy markets.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with and bring your "data hat" to Product, Engineering, and business partners to ensure that decisions are made using accurate data, not assumptions
- Establish and track KPIs for product features and business initiatives, including A/B testing, conversion rates, and feature experimentation
- Develop meaningful aggregates and single source of truth using ETL
- Perform statistical analysis and build prediction models to derive actionable and business-impacting insights from data including marketing, customer interactions and smart devices such as plugs, thermostats, electric vehicles and electric smart meters.
- Participate in our agile development process - regular team updates, standup meetings, 1-on-1’s
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics
- Expert-level understanding of SQL and experience with one or more columnar databases such as Redshift, BigQuery, Vertica
- Experience with BI tools such as Periscope, Looker, Tableau
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills
- Experience with experimentation frameworks, A/B testing, analytics
- Strong background in statistical analysis, experience using time series data and running Monte Carlo simulations
- Experience using machine learning models for regression, classification, anomaly detection, etc.
- Experience with AI/ML tools/frameworks including: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Prophet, Numpy, Jupyter, R and NLP
- Bonus if you have:
- - Experience in electric utility industry and knowledge of electricity markets, and smart meter data
- - Experience building data pipelines using Airflow, Pentaho or other ETL/ELT tools
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Remote Work: We acknowledge (now more than ever) that you do not need to be in an office or at a desk to be successful - and we provide a stipend to ensure that your WFH set up is comfortable!
- Real and lived work-life balance: Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first
- Competitive benefits package that includes a full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day
Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at OhmConnect are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identification, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.