OpenDrives makes high performance data storage a reality for our customers using our unique combination of hardware and software. Our customers range from Hollywood blockbusters, to medical imaging specialists, to academia, and everything in between. At OpenDrives we are building next-generation data storage solutions for high-performance workflows.
OpenDrives is looking to formalize our UX function. In this role you'll be collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to bring experiences to life. Candidates should have experience working with software applications while engaging both users and the product development team.
- Evangelize UX within the organization, guide engineering and key stakeholders to engage in UX best practices
- Take projects from concept to completion by gathering and evaluating user requirements, creating wireframes, mockups, user flows, prototypes, process flows and design specs to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Conduct discovery activities to define high-level user journeys identifying key features and capabilities needed
- Communicate clear and compelling ideas, designs and solutions to guide development sprints as well as to inform a wide range of key stakeholders
- Use and be an advocate for the human-centered design process, as well as act as a design generalist on the team
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams and consistently promote active collaboration, co-creation and continual alignment while building close relationships with customers and key collaborators
- Promote and educate others on new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Create expansive designs for all users; advocate for accessibility, encouraging product and engineering management to prioritize accessible features and bug fixes
- Help define timelines, facilitate progress, and ensure all projects successfully reach their goals
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 3+ years of software product design experiences, preferably in data storage or data services
- 2+ years experience applying human-centered design approaches, methods and tools to solve complex problems
- 1+ years of hands-on user interface or interaction design
- Expertise in Sketch, Figma or Adobe CS, and prototyping tools
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a small cross-functional team
- Be a strong collaborator who embraces change, designs with curiosity and empathy, and brings a positive, optimistic attitude to the team
- Tolerance for ambiguity and superpower for translating it into organized and clear steps
We have some awesome perks when you work with us.
- Incredible vacation policy and flexible schedule
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance
- Options for hybrid remote/office work, or full remote
- A culture of empathy and empowerment
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved