RoleManagement and Finance
Ōura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Ōura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we’ve helped over one million people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
For us, empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we work to promote work-life balance and ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our global finance team. This role will manage Oura's US entity's accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking, and report directly to the Sr. Accounting Manager, with a dotted line to the Finland-based Finance Operations Lead. In this role, you will work on all aspects of the purchase process from the generation of purchase orders in collaboration with sourcing and other teams to vendor services, accounts payable process development, accruals and booking cost.
The ideal candidate is data-driven, process-oriented, and able to work in a fast-moving environment. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who is comfortable with numbers and is not afraid of routine tasks
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, consolidation, and taxes
- Develop and maintain AR and AP policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company policies and regulationManage the company's credit card program, including reviewing and reconciling monthly statements, ensuring proper approvals and documentation, and maintaining accurate records
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, consolidation, and taxes
- Develop and maintain AR and AP policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company policies and regulations
- Manage the company's credit card program, including reviewing and reconciling monthly statements, ensuring proper approvals and documentation, and maintaining accurate records
- Ensure all invoices are properly coded, approved, and processed in a timely manner
- Participate in the full purchase cycle from the generation of purchase orders and agreements to payment, AP activities and cost bookings
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare financial statements in compliance with US GAAP, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Assist with month-end closing and year-end audit processes
- Continuously improve AR and AP processes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Provide support and assistance to other accounting and finance functions as needed
- Manage vendor data and financial relations to ensure a superior partnership experience and timely information exchange
- Be the first point of contact for addressing any internal and external AP & AR-related requests
This will be an individual contributor position. This is a remote position only open to candidates based in Eastern Standard Time Zone.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts and familiarity with accounting guidelines (US GAAP)
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with team members in Europe will require early working hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Experience partnering with cross-organizational teams and developing cross-functional work streams
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Experience working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment where
- Knowledge of employee relationship-building and performance-management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with FloQast, Expensify, Spendesk and similar secondary finance systems a plus
- Experience with e-commerce, hardware and software business models a plus
At Oura, we care about you and your well-being. Everyone at Oura gets a ring of their own, and we’re continually looking for ways to improve everyone’s health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, vision insurance, and mental health resources
- An Oura Ring of your own + employee discounts for friends & family
- Fertility benefits through Carrot Pro
- Flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- $500 for initial WFH setup + $300 monthly wellness stipend
- $25 DoorDash credit every Friday for lunch
- 20 days of PTO + 13 paid holidays + 8 days of flexible wellness time off
- 5 days paid sick leave, four days bereavement leave, 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. US locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. While most offers will be closer to the starting range, successful candidates’ pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, internal peer equity, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Region 1 $117,000 - $123,500
Region 2 $111,150 - $117,325
Region 3 $105,300 - $111,150
Region 4 $99,450 - $104,975
A recruiter will be able to determine your zones/tiers based on your US location.
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.