Director, Sales Operations & Systems
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleSales and Marketing
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world's most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
OUTSIDE Sales is a fast-paced, dynamic team seeking a highly experienced operational and business systems mastermind. In this role, your goal is to lead day-to-day sales solutions and business systems operations used to drive revenue. You'll develop the strategy and oversee the execution of a roadmap designed to enable our business - with a core focus on media (digital advertising) which is presently our largest revenue stream. This role will also mentor and grow the existing team focused on these efforts
We are committed to Salesforce (specifically Media Cloud) as our core CRM, AdBook as our advertising planning and reservation tool, and Netsuite as our Accounting and billing system of record. We will be adding/integrating additional systems as our requirements evolve. As such, deep experience with Salesforce program management, sales and sales management process implementation, configuration, and adoption are required, with a strong preference for experience with digital media (e.g. selling via Insertion Orders)
This position reports to the SVP, Sales & Strategic Partnerships
Within 1 month, you will:
- Understand stakeholder needs and the desired future state of the business, and help to define and oversee the execution of the roadmap and architecture to achieve our goals
- Develop a strong understanding of best practices in key areas of sales cycle operations - including forecasting, revenue planning, sales enablement, and presales/sales support - and demonstrated experience putting that knowledge into action
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitate an organization focused on continuous process improvement
- Develop process and workflow documentation and a plan for implementation into our systems.
- Assess reporting needs across the sales and sales management teams and build a plan for implementation.
- Assist Sales Management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Manage 2-5 direct reports
Within 6 months, you will:
- Lead vendor selection and budget management activities for software and services vendors
- Lead requirements gathering efforts with key stakeholders (Sales, Finance)
- Own the system-based execution of our process and reporting from sales systems.
- Act as the key liaison with Accounting to implement all required elements for a more seamless billing and invoicing process.
- Oversee the week-to-week progress to evolve the system to meet our goals, managing goals, and deadlines for the team consisting of internal and external resources
- Oversee system compliance, adoption, training, and incident management. Will coordinate training delivery to sales, sales management, sales support, and other key stakeholders
- Mentor and grow the team focused on business systems enablement
- Ability to be “hands-on” with various Salesforce tasks ranging from administration to reporting
Within 12 months, you will:
- Communicate and coordinate project updates serving as the Program Manager for all sales business systems
- Direct the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management-level supervisors. Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization
- Act as the primary contact for accounting for all matters related to billing and invoicing.
- Assist in the development of new reports and dashboards for various stakeholders
- Day to Day contact for various system vendors
- Additional responsibilities may include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, and recruiting of Sales Operations & specifically Salesforce talent
What You bring to Outside: (Preferred Qualifications)
- Salesforce Certifications:
- Certified Administrator
- Certified Advanced Administrator
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Experience owning a business systems enablement program with Salesforce at the center, for an operation of at least $50MM in annual throughput (closed deals)
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, and reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the true underlying needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new sales processes and facilitate user adoption, working collaboratively within a team focused on fulfilling Outside's needs and requirements
- Experience in vendor selection and contract negotiation with business systems vendors with annual contracts in excess of $100K
- Experience managing teams of 3+ people including a mix of internal and external/contractors
- Embody a service mindset for internal staff and external vendors
- Strong project management and communication skills to ensure all stakeholders are aware of the status of the roadmap and system improvements from week to week
- Ability to define tradeoffs in architecture-level decisions (e.g. data mapping & workflow) and manage stakeholders to the best decisions
- A growth mindset of continuous iterative improvement to rapidly evolve the system
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing analytically rigorous initiatives
- Strong skills in reporting/data analysis - including data manipulation in Excel and Google sheets
- Lead continuous analysis of Salesforce.com platform features, releases, upgrades, and best practices that align with organizational vision and strategy and that achieve the greatest business impact
- Maintain proper documentation of processes, policies, and configurations made to the system in preparation for releases and upgrades
- Identify Salesforce problems, develop fixes, ensure full quality assurance testing, and implement solutions for operational efficiency
- Experience with mergers/integrations of several disparate media companies is also strongly desired as we will continue to consolidate operations across 10+ acquired entities and 5 separate Salesforce orgs
- Experience with Tableau CRM, Salesforce Media Cloud, Asana, and Order Management Systems strongly preferred
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $115,000 to $160,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant's location, market data/ranges, an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors