Head of HR
RoleAll Other Remote
Make is seeking a full-time Head of HR (remote) who will support and develop talent through creating policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work.
If you are passionate about people, culture and processes, give us a chance to meet you. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills.
Our team is passionate about creating world-class software (like this) and we want you to make us even better. If this sounds like it might fit what you’re looking for too, read on, and get in touch.
Manager of One
We rely on everyone at Make to do a lot of self-management and take initiative. People who do this well are ‘managers of one,’ and we strive for everyone to fully embody this principle. That means setting your own direction when one isn't given. Determining what needs to be done, and doing it, without waiting for someone to tell you to.
About Make (letsMake.com)
Make is a highly personable product software agency based in Texas with ~40 team members worldwide. We’re passionate about creating world-class software that people enjoy using. We’re a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers and other great folks. Our work has been featured in Techcrunch, Mashable, US Weekly, CBS News, Texas Monthly and The Today Show. We’re proud to have a portfolio of work that is used by millions of people every week and that’s been featured 25+ times in the Apple App Store and Google Play store. At the end of the day, we view this as our life’s work (more than our work life).
Culture + Remote Work
We’re not only passionate about our craft but also about our culture. We deeply believe that work is purposeful and that culture is one of the most important parts of any team.
Start Window: Now - July 2023
Employment: Full-time (contract)
Communication Requirements: Must (1) have good communication skills, (2) fluent in English, (3) and be available for video calls during the workday, and (4) partially overlap with CST working hours.
- HR Initiatives and Systems: Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Guidance: Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Culture: Collaborate with other team leaders to grow the culture
- Recruitment Involvement: Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions and assisting with parts of the process
- Team Member Onboarding: Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Team Member Training and Development: Develop training and development programs
- Performance Management: Assist in performance management processes
- Issues: Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- People Operations: Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Legal Compliance: Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Experience: 4+ years of proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Strong people skills and emotional intelligence
- Deeply cares about people and the collective culture
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Takes ownership by looking for what can and should be done
- Follows-through on responsibilities
- Attention to detail