RoleSales and Marketing
Early-stage startup building the operating system for small business ownership seeking
an Account Executive to join our Growth Team
Owners ~ (joinowners.com)
At Owners we help founders build the small business of tomorrow, today. Our vision is to build the operating system for local business ownership, and by doing so to provide a more fair shot for the American Dream. We are a business-in-a-box platform for home services entrepreneurs. We give our customers ongoing training, technology and a demand generation engine needed to launch, manage and grow a home services company at a fraction of the cost and time of going solo or buying a franchise.
As a Content Manager you'll build our copywriting muscle, team and processes. You'll work closely with Growth, Marketing and Product and own our content strategy and execution across various channels in order to support Owners becoming a desirable and aspirational brand for small business ownership in the United States.
In your first six months, you will:
- Own and develop our content strategy
- Develop a workload distribution process to the team of freelance copywriters
- Assess quality of and/or edit work prior to presenting to relevant stakeholders such as business owners, partners and investors
- Assess quality of and/or edit work prior to presenting to clients
- Manage a distributed workforce of employees and freelancers
Why you might be excited about us
- We're working to solve a the future of local entrepreneurship, starting by home services. If you have an emotional connection to the rewards of owning a small business - you'll love our mission!
- We're extremely small, so there is no bureaucracy. As the company grows, your responsibilities will too
- We don't like having meetings. If we can effectively solve a problem by running an async discussion, we do so. If we meet synchronously, it's because there's a need to debate something in a live forum
- We're an extremely diverse team, with backgrounds spanning from hyper growth startups to professional golf. We'd love to know what you're bringing to the table!
- You'll be able to work remotely and set your own schedule. We don't micro-manage and will help you do great work
- We work hard and also highly value balanced work/life. We care about family and your own personal development, and don't expect for you to be always engaged with work
We're likely not a good fit if you
- We're small (~15 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, it's not (yet) the right time. You'll help build the company's culture
- Since we're an early stage startup, projects and priorities may shift
- We're building the plane while we fly it, so that means sometime the answer to your questions may be "go build it"
- You'll be given intentions, not instructions, meaning that we'll expect you to be a creative thinker and scrappy enough to build things on your own
- You're self aware, open to learn and vulnerable to let your teammates know when there's something you don't know
- You have a bias for action preceded by a "stop and think" phase that will inform that action
- You worked remotely before, and already know you'd work well with a remote team
- Excited for a front row seat in a fast growing startup. This will change frequently!
- Eager to learn new skills and implement things on your own. You're comfortable asking for forgiveness rather than permission
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of business performance metrics
- Proven work experience as key leader in an organization with the ability to make difficult decisions, have difficult conversations and influence decision makers
- Proven work experience in sales with a track record of success
- Experience in franchising is preferred
- Software skills including but not limited to Google Suite, HubSpot, Notion and Zoom
- Competitive compensation packages with stock options
- 15 days PTO + American Holidays
- Wellness perks
- Remote work with flexible work hours
- Professional development funds
- Transparent culture
- Optional in person retreats in the United States