RoleAll Other Remote
Are you the new HR Generalist at Pagefreezer?
What we do and why:
- No one can ignore the internet these days—and a lot of great things are happening online—but we also know that online harms are damaging many individuals, communities, and organizations. It's Pagefreezer's vision to make the Internet a safer place by delivering solutions that transform how people protect integrity online, ensuring accountability, and enabling the pursuit of justice.
- Pagefreezer simplifies compliance and litigation by automatically archiving websites, social media, mobile text messages, and enterprise collaboration platforms for every stage of the information governance lifecycle. We enable organizations to create and share defensible records of their data, quickly and easily in our dashboard, in real-time—every like, share, edit, and deletion.
What's special about us:
- Our compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, a $1000 annual learning budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account and a matching Retirement Savings Plan and paid time off.
- Our coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting -- and they care about the right things. We've built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- Our employees' priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Our track record is strong, our market opportunity is growing, and we're already providing solutions to some of the biggest companies in the world-- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Come join a sustainably profitable, small company and see the impact of your work.
What our HR Generalist does:
- Provide holistic, people-centric support and solutions to managers and employees throughout the employment lifecycle in alignment with our systems and policies as assigned.
- Acting as a business partner to people managers in implementing and iterating human resources strategies, projects, and tasks.
- Collaborating with various internal stakeholders, including senior management, Finance, Information Security, etc to identify areas of improvement and, strategize and implement successful improvements using best practices and data.
- Developing policies and procedures, improving existing ones, and providing training on them
- Co-creating out-of-the-box solutions where none exist that we can then turn into repeatable, scalable solutions when needed
- Support the process of creating, improving, and delivering a broad range of HR policies and talent management and development programs and policies to the entire company.
- Manage our HRIS tools to ensure they're accurate, secure, and ready to provide people analytics necessary to make data-backed decisions
- Ensuring our HR information systems and processes and workflows are efficient and compliant with our Information Security policies and procedures
- Assisting during internal and external financial and information security audits
- Completing employee onboarding and offboarding tasks as assigned, including adding and removing from HRIS, conducting exit interviews, etc.
- Help maintain a Values-aligned, compliant, and safe work environment (online and in-person)
- Owning workplace health and safety policies, training, procedures, and joint health and safety committee
- Assisting with any employment standards compliance needs that arise in any of the jurisdictions we operate in
- Collaborate with other HR team members and people managers to create a stellar employee experience
What makes you a great fit:
- Alignment with our Core Values
- Experience or education in Human Resources, People Operations, People & Culture or Office Administration preferred
- 1-3 years of experience on an HR/People team – we're looking for someone who's familiar with HR best practices and the day-to-day of a role like this.
- Desire to create or deepen a career in strategic HR
- Passion for people -- you believe that the team is the heart of any organization
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship-building skills. You are someone who people feel comfortable coming to for all sorts of issues or requests because you provide a welcoming, understanding atmosphere
- Willingness to dive into the deep end and learn on the job in a growing company with support from peers and your manager
- Experience administering HRIS tools
- Keen ability to work under pressure and organize workload effectively
- Impressive written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Prioritizes the experience and goals of your audience when delivering policy, programs, or experience
- Nice to haves:
- Familiar with BC Workplace Health & Safety regulations and WorkSafeBC
- Familiar with BC Employment Standards Act
- CPHR or SHRM certification
- Degree in HR
- Very Familiar with the tools our company uses:
- Google Workspace (mail, calendar, drive, docs, etc)
- Able to work 40 hours a week and currently authorized to work in Canada
- This is a 90% work-from-home position – we would love for this role to be able to drop into our Vancouver HQ office from time to time to build relationships.
Sound interesting? Time to apply!