Software Engineer, Python
3 to 5 years
RoleAll Other Remote
Are you the newest Software Engineer, Python at Pagefreezer?
What we do and why:
- No one can ignore the internet these days—and a lot of great things are happening online—but we also know that online harms are damaging many individuals, communities, and organizations. It's Pagefreezer's vision to make the Internet a safer place by delivering solutions that transform how people protect integrity online, ensuring accountability, and enabling the pursuit of justice.
- Pagefreezer simplifies compliance and litigation by automatically archiving websites, social media, mobile text messages, and enterprise collaboration platforms for every stage of the information governance lifecycle. We enable organizations to create and share defensible records of their data, quickly and easily in our dashboard, in real-time—every like, share, edit, and deletion.
What's special about us:
- Our compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, a $1000 annual learning budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account and a matching Retirement Savings Plan and paid time off, if you're in Canada.
- Not in Canada? We'll create a compensation package you're excited about together.
- Our coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting -- and they care about the right things. We've built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- Our employees' priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Our track record is strong, our market opportunity is growing, and we're already providing solutions to some of the biggest companies in the world-- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Come join a sustainably profitable, small company and see the impact of your work.
What our Software Engineers, Python do:
- Engineer business solutions and a highly available, self-healing platform (using best practices) that can handle the massive amounts of our customers' data as we scale, optimized for high performance, efficiency, stability and quality, using our techstack which includes:
- Docker, Swarm
- Cassandra, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis (we're fans of polyglot persistence, and use what makes the most sense for scaling.)
- A cloud-based platform built on Amazon Web Services
- Tornado, Django, AsyncIO, and Celery
- Keep up with our API partners as they grow and change (Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft Teams… those kind of API partners!)
- Set our Engineering teammates up for success by writing thorough documentation, reusable libraries, and reliable tests
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders (like Product, QA, and Support, to start) to ensure a stellar Customer Experience of our product end-to-end
What makes you a great fit:
- Alignment with our Core Values
- Able to code in Python using asynchronous programming or desire to learn it quickly
- Ideally with 3-5 years working as a Software Developer or Engineer on a team with a production-quality business solution
- Understand microservices architecture that utilizes both REST APIs and event-based architecture from a security perspective (for example, understanding the vulnerabilities of HTTP Protocol)
- Realize the value of customer data traveling through the wire and the technologies used to make data cryptographically secure, such as Hashicorp Vault, SSL/TLS
- Built a live, self-healing product relying on distributed systems, using non-relational databases (bonus points if it scaled to support more clients)
- Big fan of automation -- our entire development and deployment pipeline (for our social media product) is automated using Ansible, Stackstorm (IFTTT), and Hashicorp Consul
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS
- Top-notch team communicator, share knowledge with peers, create tools that helps Devs be more productive and utilize the tools and process we use, like Slack, Jira and GitHub, and happy to work with legacy code
- Able to work 40 hours a week and either:
- Authorized to work in Canada (anywhere in Canada works for us)
- Aspiring to work in Canada and can obtain a work permit (yes, we can help with that)
- Willing to work remotely as a contractor
- Can be anywhere in the world as long as you commit to overlapping 4-8 hours of time with Vancouver and can work with a team in English
If all this sounds awesome to you, then it's time to apply!