CAP Android Developer Intern - Winter 2023
RoleAll Other Remote
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
This is a remote, 4 month role for the Winter 2023 term that begins on January 9, 2023 and ends on April 28, 2023. Successful candidates will be working from home during the duration of the term.
Do you wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is turn to your phone and bring up your favourite mobile app? Are you happy to try out new mobile apps as they are released, and enjoy praising and critiquing them among your friends? If you are passionate about mobile and would jump at the opportunity to build an app that is far-reaching and shaping the way people see mobile in the incident management space, we want you!
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You will get a chance to work in all of our mobile code bases and the APIs that power them.
- You will build and ship new user-facing features on Android or iOS
- You will collaborate with product, UX and other engineering teams to deliver the highest quality mobile experiences to all of our supported devices
- You will participate in code reviews for your fellow team members
- You are confidently self-driven
- You have an insatiable desire to learn
- You are empathetic - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
- You are passionate about high quality, maintainable and testable code
- You have an eye for sleek design
- You have a desire to build reliable and user-friendly mobile applications
- You are interested in learning about our stack which includes; Android, iOS, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, Ruby/Rails, Scala, CoreData, MySQL, RxJava, Retrofit, Robotium, and Espresso
- Previous mobile development experience (a project or previous internship)
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, eg. data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one native mobile language, eg. Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, Eclipse. etc
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Learn more: Social Impact; Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity; Culture
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty verifies work authorization in accordance with the requirements of your local jurisdiction.
Learn more about our culture by checking us out on Instagram @PagerDutyLife!
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved