Chief Information Security Officer
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
The CISO, reporting into the SVP Engineering, will lead our security organization that is responsible for our security operations, securing the technology and products, and supporting corporate development, sales, compliance, and audit teams. You will lead all information security and data protection initiatives. The CISO function works closely with various teams across PagerDuty including products, engineering, legal, sales, compliance, and audit to manage inherent risks and mitigate vulnerabilities in software, systems, architecture, processes and practices. We are looking for someone who can bring technical expertise and risk management experience while at the same time a critical, action oriented leader that is comfortable working cross functionally.
The security organization goals and primary responsibilities are:
- Protection of the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of customer data and building/maintaining customer Trust
- Partner with product/engineering, corporate operations, and employees to build and maintain a security-aware culture where everyone understands and plays their part
- Provide thought leadership on modern security operations and be an industry leader in creating trust through security.
- Supporting go-to-market initiatives in both pre- and post-sales motions to leverage security and compliance as a mechanism for business value
- Achieve and maintain core certifications that credentialize PagerDuty in the marketplace and increase PagerDuty’s total addressable market
- Define, measure, and report on security program KPIs that illustrate program maturity and what ‘good’ looks like, to employees, senior leadership, and the Board/Audit Committee
- Build a diverse and inclusive security team that scales efficiently as the company grows and creates opportunities for career growth & advancement
How You Impact Our Vision
- Retain and recruit top talent; enable and empower them to thrive
- Strong partnership across Engineering, Product, Marketing, Finance, and People organizations
- Align your organization’s goals with PagerDuty in a manner that provides clarity of purpose, motivation, and inspires creativity → ensuring the security function provides organizational value
- Create and own the long term vision and strategy that is communicated regularly to inspire confidence and generate excitement
- Anticipate strategic and scaling related challenges with thoughtful long term planning through collaboration with key stakeholders
- Embrace opportunities to take new risks to learn quickly
- Support a culture that allows the organization to champion the customer, aim higher, and continuously improve in everything it does
- Consistent delivery against commitments, with ample visibility into progress, challenges, and outcomes
- Strategic partnership with corporate development activities that help the company grow and lead the market
Requirements of role
- You have led and grown security organizations at an executive level in high growth SaaS environments at scale
- Experience as a builder or breaker in your past
- Current security certifications, including CISSP or CISM are helpful.
- Experience with:
- Securing highly dynamic cloud environments is useful (AWS, Azure, Google Compute)
- Securing high velocity workflows in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environments
- Security Operations and Controls
- Leading and directing technical staff in the execution of security program and project initiatives
- Crafting and leading compliance programs for the business
- Business continuity management, and disaster recovery
- Performing and leading information security related audits
- Familiarity with GDPR, ISO27001, SOC, and FedRAMP are all useful for this role
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Learn more: Social Impact; Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity; Culture
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty verifies work authorization in accordance with the requirements of your local jurisdiction.