RoleAll Other Remote
We’re looking for a friendly, enthusiastic, and digitally-savvy German editor to join our team and provide engaging, quality relationship content for our local audience of couples.
Reporting to our Head of Content, you’ll be responsible for developing and managing our local content strategy in German, overseeing ongoing localisation of the app, and developing new content partnerships in our German markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and fast-growing company and to bring relationship care to more couples around the world.
Reporting directly to Jenny Drew (our Head of Content), you will:
- Translate, transcreate, and localise content from English into German across the Paired app, website, and marketing channels including social posts, paid ads and newsletters
- Produce a high volume of quality original content (including quizzes, tips, games, and questions packs) that’ll spark meaningful conversations for German-speaking couples
- Stay on top of the latest social media trends, news stories, local events and research studies to inform editorial planning and product improvements
- Work with our in-house user research team to run surveys and user interviews that identify local user needs and produce content and product recommendations to address them
- Be the guardian of the German app experience, reviewing app content and copy for new features
- Champion the local style guide, working with local editorial counterparts to understand standards for quality and engagement, and tone of voice
- Manage media enquiries and interview requests
- Help out with customer support tickets and Store reviews when necessary
- Track performance and understand the business impact of your work
- Fluency in both English and German
- 3+ years of experience in copywriting, editing, and transcreating content for a lifestyle app or website
- A deep well of creative story ideas, and a strong sense of reader service and journalistic standards for excellence
- Passionate about the relationship space including an awareness of the latest local research, theory, and trends
- Have meticulous attention to detail, strong organisation, and collaboration skills
- Proficient in digital publishing tools, such as content management systems
- Knowledge of SEO best practice and how to apply it to creative content
- Comfortable with technology – both with desktop and mobile devices
- High responsiveness to feedback and edits
- Passionate about our mission to expand the reach of relationship care to more people
Besides of fast career progression and joining a mission to help millions of people with their relationship, we are offering the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (+public holidays)
- £1,000 / €1,150 learning budget each year
- Company offsite every quarter (so far we’ve had Malaga, Florence and Lisbon...)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
Your work location:
- Fully remote working from anywhere in Europe
- Coworking space subsidization (£250 / €300 per month)
Your compensation package:
- Salary range: £40-50k / €45-58k
- Significant stock options
- Comprehensive health insurance
Your tech stack:
- Mac laptop
- Modern work tools like Notion, slack, G-Suite, ...
- Our core value is championing relationships. Our app was built to serve all couples regardless of culture, gender, sexual orientation, and ethnicity.
- We strive to create an inclusive environment where unique perspectives are encouraged. We consider all employment applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law
- We regularly review our hiring processes, materials and pipeline to ensure they are accessible and free of bias, offering equal opportunity to underrepresented groups. We are also always learning. We maintain open minds and welcome feedback on how we can improve, no matter where it comes from
Excited by our business but not sure you meet the job criteria? Not to worry! If you feel you have that special something and could contribute to our mission, get in touch anyway. We are always looking to add great people and we know that you are more than your CV. We would encourage you to apply regardless as we don’t believe that ticking off a list of skills is the only thing that makes a great candidate.