In-house Software Contract Counsel
RoleFull Stack Programming
Partner One Capital is a long-term investment group specialized in the acquisition and growth of successful enterprise software companies. We are owned by one of the largest pension funds in North America with over $15 Billion in Net Assets. In business for over 25 years, we own some of the fastest growing enterprise software companies in the world. Over 1000 of the world's largest corporations and governments rely on our software for their most critical operations and to safeguard their most valuable data.
Partner One Capital is currently seeking to fill the position of In-house Counsel to handle the overall company legal needs, especially the review and negotiation of software licensing and purchasing agreements.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of software licensing agreements (Term licenses, SaaS, subscriptions, services etc.).
- Drafting and negotiation of stock and asset purchase agreements for mergers and acquisitions.
- Review of intellectual property protection and transfer agreements.
- Draft, review and negotiate vendor, contractor, and employee agreements.
- Draft and review data privacy and compliance documentation.
- Ensure corporate compliance in various countries .
- Manage all legal documents, identify potential legal risks, elaborate analysis of potential contractual and operational legal and compliance exposures, create and execute a plan to address and monitor them.
- Remain up to date on relevant IT, cyber-security and data protection laws and regulations.
- Work closely with our business teams on a broad range of legal matters and provide high quality, pragmatic legal advice in support of the company’s business objectives.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including US, Canadian, European, customer agreements, technology license agreements, subscription agreements, SaaS agreements, NDAs, and vendor and partner agreements.
- Provide support to management and advise business units on issues related to contract interpretation, compliance, privacy, data security, IP licensing and potential disputes.
- Work with colleagues to continuously improve contract processes as well as implementation and adherence to best practices within the company.
- Periodically and proactively assess legal risk exposures for the business and develop risk mitigation initiatives including procedures, policies, and forms development.
- Address potential disputes or claims and coordinate with outside counsel.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a legal role
- Experience with US tax filing planning & compliance
- The candidate must have extensive experience in the drafting, review, and negotiation of software license agreements and IP protection.
- Membership in a Bar is not required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly digest complex information and make good, informed decisions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to negotiate contracts successfully
Can be based anywhere in North America
- Fully remote option
- A challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment
- Small teams, where personal development is highly valued
- Work within a successful, dynamic, and growing organization