Application Support Administrator I
🇺🇸 USA Only
Sinch Email prides itself in providing world-class customer support on every customer interaction! Our primary job is to make our customer's lives easier by providing efficient, helpful, and world-class support. As an Application Support Administrator, these should come easy to you. You will be working in a fast-paced environment daily that consistently brings new challenges and learning opportunities. Do you have what it takes?
The shift we are looking to fill is Sunday - Thursday 4:00am - 1:00pm CST
Application Support Administrators should be able to:
- Wow customers on every contact
- Sound personable on all forms of communication (tickets, phones, and chats)
- Explain complex topics in a way that anyone could understand
- Consistently learn new technologies and adapt to our customers needs (programming languages, new operating systems, APIs, etc.)
We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)! We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- A basic understanding of email receipt and delivery (POP, IMAP, and SMTP)
- Basic knowledge of concepts surrounding email composition, specifically MIME standards and formatting
- Knowledge of email deliverability techniques such as IP and domain reputation, SPF/DKIM authentication, and spam filtering
- Ability to execute commands in multiple programming languages
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and how to integrate with a customer solution
- Foundational understanding of Cloud Computing technologies. Familiarity with the various client and server operating system used by customers (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX)
- Proactive sense of urgency with respect to customer service and communication
- Strong organization, communication, learning, problem-solving, documentation, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a physically distributed team and work a flexible schedule to cover shifts
- A passion for technology and customer service
- Handles level-appropriate customer support requests primarily via phone, tickets, and chat
- Escalates support requests as necessary through the appropriate channels
- Documents all customer support phone calls/chats via the ticketing system
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond expectations
- Fosters a strong working relationship with other departments including but not limited to Sales, Operations and Support
- Exercises good judgment and decision-making at all times in order to consistently deliver superior customer outcomes
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of customer service via phone, chat, and ticket support
- Email and deliverability knowledge
- 2+ years of experience in providing customer support via multiple social media channels
- STAY HEALTHY: We offer 100% employer-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. A variety of supplemental plans are also provided to meet your individual needs including access to telehealth for all participants.
- CARE FOR YOURSELF: Take advantage of our free virtual counseling resources through our global Employee Assistance Program. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- SECURE YOUR FUTURE: Plan for your future with our Roth and Pre-tax 401(k) options including an employer match for all participants.
- TAKE A BREAK: Enjoy 5+ weeks of paid time off. We value balance and understand that performance at work requires time to rest at home and/or rejuvenate on vacation.
- PUT FAMILY FIRST: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways; therefore, we offer paid parental leave and family planning support through Maven.
- WORK WHEREVER: Our flexible remote work offerings allow you to work wherever you’re the most productive and successful. It’s what you do, not where you work, that matters.
- TREAT YOURSELF: Our comprehensive anniversary program offers a personalized experience in recognition of milestones achieved.
- MAKE AN IMPACT: Support betterment in your community and beyond by taking paid time off to support a volunteer program of your choice.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.