Cloud Solutions Engineer L1- AWS
RoleAll Other Remote
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Cloud Solutions Engineer L1 – AWS applies product or technical knowledge to serve partners requiring technical education, consulting, or different AWS services. This primarily includes infrastructure consolidation, migrations, and optimization of cloud environments. They utilize both a strategic and consultative approach, as well as hands-on work, when dealing with technical customers or Partners. The Engineer works closely with senior leadership of client organizations as well as key technical personnel.
- Serves as the technical lead on AWS projects and consultations and is accountable for the outcomes of those projects
- Provides partner education; Creates content and delivers technical sessions for our partners by working closely with our internal and/or external AWS team(s) and with our Engineering team; Ensures information is up-to-date and readily available for new and existing team members
- Serves as point of escalation for technical issues for our Infrastructure Sales team and AWS vendor business group; Takes regular part in educational sessions; Engineers and designs cloud-based solutions in response to different complex technical challenges encountered by our Partners
- Advises and influences team processes and structure; Assists with change management approval processes and new product/services development and creates supporting documentation
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least three (3) years of experience in AWS with an emphasis on on-premises migrations and AWS Well Architected Framework concepts
- Broad knowledge of managing Windows operating systems and AWS services (EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon S3, Amazon VPC, Amazon EBS, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of key end-user scenarios for AWS DRaaS Solutions, AWS Migration Evaluator, AWS Workspaces, AWS Directory Services
- Hands-on experience with Data Center infrastructure/application migration, consolidation, or transformation projects
- Knowledge of other public cloud technologies preferred (e.g., GCP, Azure)
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to defuse situations where Partners and/or customers may be frustrated
- Ability to solve problems quickly, develop workflows and processes for operations team, and automate processes
- Ability to consult with both technical professionals and business stakeholders
- Willingness to develop technical skills outside of normal working hours
- Desire to validate skillset through industry wide certifications
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Engineer Associate
- Ability to acquire AWS Certified Solutions Architect professional certification within twelve (12) months of hire
Occasional domestic travel is expected of this position, approximately once per quarter
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $72,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-AG1 #Dice-A #BI-Remote
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved