Remote Product Manager
Anywhere in the World
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager, with experience in the payments industry, to help us in our next stage of growth and global expansion.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
Product Managers at Paymentology have a wide range of responsibilities which are central to developing the company's core features. You will help guide the product, operational, strategic, commercial and overall proposition of your 'owned' product area.
Your focus will be on formalising projects and guiding the Development Team on implementation. You will also concentrate efforts on the other side of the project value-chain by working with Account Management, Sales, Marketing and Support to communicate about your product. As such, the ideal candidate thrives on a multifaceted role that spans the entire lifecycle of a product and is able to wear many hats to see Paymentology's goals reached in conception, implementation and launch.
Evolving our product offering
- Craft our product strategy and execution to make sure we are delivering payment products that are simple, fast and reliable
- Communicate a vision for the team for the next 3-12 months and build a roadmap to match that vision
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside New Business, Design, Engineering, UX Research and Data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Communicate with our customers to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them
- Develop a sufficient understanding of the technical context to help make better, faster decisions
- Work closely with engineers on solutions
- Dig deep on data to understand trends and develop a better picture of the business, the product and our customers
- Measure and report on the results of your work (creating dashboards, writing SQL queries, etc.)
What it takes to succeed:
- Experience in payments is crucial for succeeding in this role
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, preferably in a start-up environment, with a minimum of 5 years working in the software industry
- Champion for collaborative, iterative product discovery
- Embracing your role as a member of a cross-disciplinary team
- Previous exposure to lightweight product development methods, such as user story mapping or rapid prototyping
- Curiosity about new technology
- A strong desire to learn
- A degree of technical fluency that allows you to communicate with, and understand, your target audience (developers)
- A love for identifying and understanding customer problems
- An empathy for the user and a desire to seek their input at all stages of the product lifecycle
- Experience with micro-service architecture and web application and services development
- Experience in building and scaling a platform, ideally fintech, traditional financial services or cryptocurrencies
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience at an organisation that has scaled quickly
English is our company language, so it is important that you are able to communicate fluently. This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates across the world. Working flexible hours is essential for our remote team to function.