Sr. Compensation Data Analyst
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
As the industry leader in compensation management, Payscale is on a mission to help job seekers, employees and businesses get pay right, and make sustainable fair pay a reality. Empowering more than 53 percent of the Fortune 500 in 198 countries, Payscale provides a combination of data-driven insights, best-in-class services, and innovative software to enable organizations such as Angel City Football Club, Perry Ellis International, United Healthcare, Vista, and The Washington Post to make fair and appropriate pay decisions. Pay is powerful. To learn more, visit www.payscale.com
- Voted Seattle’s and Boston’s best places to work according to Built In 2022.
- Voted one of Seattle’s companies with the best benefits according to Built In 2022.
Does the opportunity to work with a truly unique compensation dataset that comprises nearly a third of the U.S. working population excite you? What about working on important issues like pay equity?
The Data team at Payscale works on a variety of different problems that have a direct impact on people's lives by improving compensation practices. We are a small team working on high impact projects that drive innovation in our customer facing products and across the organization. The Data team partners closely with data scientists, engineers, compensation professionals, product managers, and other internal stakeholders to design and develop the data sets that power our compensation tools.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as a project manager on larger and more complex updates and audits to our data sets. This can involve the creation of new international data sets
- Grow and maintain our job taxonomy by researching new and emerging jobs, writing job descriptions, and auditing existing jobs for improvements, consistencies, and reorganizations
- Work to improve our proprietary data sets by analyzing their structure similarities and differences and working to build crosswalks and translations between them
- Price jobs and conduct market analysis to determine competitive base and total compensation in multiple labor markets
- Audit existing and create new company job matches to our proprietary data sets
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of data sets by performing thorough and complex data analysis and validation
- Provide internal and external client support on all data sets including answering questions on data methodology, pulling sample data, compiling reports, creating data visualization dashboards, and joining client calls
- Work with cross functional teams to provide assistance on or insight to ongoing data analysis projects
- Understanding the ins and outs of our compensation datasets to become a subject matter expert on the various factors that influence pay
- Participate in client-focused working sessions to help our customers align their company jobs to the jobs offered in our data sets
- Prepare files and partner with our Database Administrators to update our database tables
Technology we use:
- Excel, SQL, Snowflake, Tableau
- This is an experienced position where prior experience in compensation and data analytics is required
- A background in statistics, economics, mathematics, compensation, or other related fields
- Customer service, focused on problem solving and troubleshooting
- Experience pricing jobs and conducting market analysis in multiple labor markets
- Research and data analysis skills and mindset
- An aptitude for data and experience writing well structured SQL queries to get information from disparate datasets
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent Excel skills and are comfortable with advanced functions including v-lookups, pivot tables, and experience writing macros is a plus
- Experience with data visualization – Tableau experience preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and share results with both technical and non-technical partners
- A desire to be the best, with a positive work attitude and inquisitive nature. You will be working in a highly flexible and fast paced environment
Benefits and Perks
All around awesome culture where together we strive to:
- Pursue excellence every day
- Create customer value
- Compete to win (and lose!) as a team
An open and inclusive culture where you’ll learn and grow through programs and resources like:
- Monthly company all hands meetings
- Regular opportunities for executive leadership exposure
- Access to top-notch learning courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Regular manager check-ins to drive performance and career growth
- A growing network of employee resource groups
- And more!
Our more standard benefits
- A remote-first company culture where you’re able to work from your home, with company-provided equipment to set you up for success
- Discretionary Paid Time Off, giving you flexibility to rest, relax and recharge away from work.
- 15 Paid Company Holidays, including an extended Fourth of July Break, World Mental Health Day, and Juneteenth
- A comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, life, vision, disability, 401(k) covered up to 100% by Payscale
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave, including coverage for pregnancy loss
- Flexible Spending Account options for pre-tax employee allocations
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We embrace equal employment opportunity. PayScale is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is our policy that employees will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, discipline, termination, compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, education, and social and recreational programs.